Canadian school applicants

bedmas

Good luck Serina001! Although I believe that most decisions are mailed out, as you can see, Selecttext was notified via email which kind of blows my theory out of the water. :rolleyes:  Either way, because your status is 'decision made', you can expect to be notified shortly.

All the best for positive results! :)

Thanks for the support MSW13 and Piresent. It is so nerve-wrecking to read "Decision Made". I should know soon enough either way. At least that waiting will be over :) I will keep you guys posted. Thanks!

So on the UoT site, my SGS status changed to "Decision Made" but I didn't get an email of acceptance.... so I'm guessing this is a bad sign :(

My SGS status changed to "Decision Made", and two days later I received an admission offer via email, so it may actually be a good sign!

Also, I did not receive any correspondence by mail. My acceptance, funding offer, and forms all came via email. I was informed that they are trying to phase out using physical mail as much as possible.

So on the UoT site, my SGS status changed to "Decision Made" but I didn't get an email of acceptance.... so I'm guessing this is a bad sign :(

My SGS status changed to "decision made"a few days ago. Although I contacted the graduate administrator for the Criminology MA program on March 11th and although my status was still "under review" he said that a decision had been made on my file as the admissions committe met the previous week, BUT he could not give me the results of that decision over the phone. He said that decisions are mailed. I still haven't received any news so far. I've been wondering if his reluctance to give me the results over the phone is a sign that I did not get in..

Edited by PJJ

Hey guys, just heard back from U of T. I was accepted for the Msc program anthropology (archaeology) department with funding. My sgs still says "under review" but my supervisor emailed me to let me know that the acceptance list was just circulated and that I'm on it (woo). So if anyone is waiting to hear from them, expect results shortly, if not you are probably waitlisted.

And in terms of "decision made" being a good thing, it actually doesn't mean acceptance or rejection it literally just means that they have decided on your application. I've had friends with both acceptances and rejections and their sgs simply said decision made. Anthropology likes to mail decisions but you are likely to get a call or email if it's an acceptance.

Still waiting to hear from U Alberta!

Good luck everyone :D

Hey guys, just heard back from U of T. I was accepted for the Msc program anthropology (archaeology) department with funding. My sgs still says "under review" but my supervisor emailed me to let me know that the acceptance list was just circulated and that I'm on it (woo). So if anyone is waiting to hear from them, expect results shortly, if not you are probably waitlisted.

And in terms of "decision made" being a good thing, it actually doesn't mean acceptance or rejection it literally just means that they have decided on your application. I've had friends with both acceptances and rejections and their sgs simply said decision made. Anthropology likes to mail decisions but you are likely to get a call or email if it's an acceptance.

Congratulations! :)

Was this list just for the archaeology program?

Congratulations! :D

Was this list just for the archaeology program?

No, I'm prtty sure that it's for the whole anthro department since a few profs basically decide all of the acceptances for the entire department. I take it you are waiting for bioarch or socio-cultural? Hopefully you'll hear soon! But no news really is good news, I'm just on good terms with the Prof so he wanted to let me know before the official letter went out. I'm an external applicant though so I can't say for sure.

idhandren is it a good sign when they ask for your transcripts? I applied for the masters program in environmental science at the University of Toronto. Apparently my application was shortlisted.

I would assume that it's a good thing, since they require official transcripts to be sent in once you've been accepted. I'm just guessing though! Good luck!!

My SGS status changed to "decision made"a few days ago. Although I contacted the graduate administrator for the Criminology MA program on March 11th and although my status was still "under review" he said that a decision had been made on my file as the admissions committe met the previous week, BUT he could not give me the results of that decision over the phone. He said that decisions are mailed. I still haven't received any news so far. I've been wondering if his reluctance to give me the results over the phone is a sign that I did not get in..

I contacted the department that handled my application today and that was the same response I got. Apparently, it's for security reasons. So don't fret yet! It's just how some departments at UofT do things, they want you to wait until your brain cells burn out. =/

I contacted the department that handled my application today and that was the same response I got. Apparently, it's for security reasons. So don't fret yet! It's just how some departments at UofT do things, they want you to wait until your brain cells burn out. =/

What program did you apply to?

The wait it killing me..and making me slightly crazy. I checked my mailbox twice today..I officially have a problem :/ I wish that the SGS portal would just say "admitted or refused"! Not all this "decision made" secrecy lol

What program did you apply to?

The wait it killing me..and making me slightly crazy. I checked my mailbox twice today..I officially have a problem :/ I wish that the SGS portal would just say "admitted or refused"! Not all this "decision made" secrecy lol

I applied for M.ED Counselling Psychology with OISE. The department is pretty tardy on update, they told me decisions have been made and they are just gradually sending out the letters in batches, but the update online is lagging behind, meaning I don't even get a "decision made" status.

Seriously irritating....the person I spoke to also told me they need time to fold envelope and get everything stamped. 

I know many schools process everything online even if they are sending out mail, I don't understand why the UofT system is so coy, it really sucks for us. 

All of a sudden this application cycle is over for me. After lots of waiting I heard from SFU Communication and Waterloo English within 45 minutes of each other. Admitted to both! leaning strongly toward the Phd in Comm at SFU, waiting for more details on both. Very excited, these were my first admits!

All of a sudden this application cycle is over for me. After lots of waiting I heard from SFU Communication and Waterloo English within 45 minutes of each other. Admitted to both! leaning strongly toward the Phd in Comm at SFU, waiting for more details on both. Very excited, these were my first admits!

congrats! :D

Thank you so much everyone. This forum is great - I guess I panicked just a couple of hours too early - last night when I got home I got an Offer of Admission letter from U of T (Masters of Health Services Research). I was soo convinced that I didn't get in because I didn't get an email before the SGS status changed to Decision Made.

I'm more relieved then happy at this point! So much anxiety! Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!

Edited by Serina001

Thank you so much everyone. This forum is great - I guess I panicked just a couple of hours too early - last night when I got home I got an Offer of Admission letter from U of T (Masters of Health Services Research). I was soo convinced that I didn't get in because I didn't get an email before the SGS status changed to Decision Made.

I'm more relieved then happy at this point! So much anxiety! Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!

Congratulations!! :D

I applied for M.ED Counselling Psychology with OISE. The department is pretty tardy on update, they told me decisions have been made and they are just gradually sending out the letters in batches, but the update online is lagging behind, meaning I don't even get a "decision made" status.

Seriously irritating....the person I spoke to also told me they need time to fold envelope and get everything stamped.

I know many schools process everything online even if they are sending out mail, I don't understand why the UofT system is so coy, it really sucks for us.

Just got an email "offer of admission" to UofT's Criminology MA program. The email said that I will receive an official letter shortly as they were sent out on the 14th.

Thanks for the support GlassShadow.. I was worrying prematurely. I hope you hear good news soon.

Edited by PJJ

Just got an email "offer of admission" to UofT's Criminology MA program. The email said that I will receive an official letter shortly as they were sent out on the 14th.

Thanks for the support GlassShadow.. I was worrying prematurely. I hope you hear good news soon.

Congrats! That's seriously awesome, I'm happy for you. =) 

I hope I get a response soon too!