2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

I went to the College of Saint Rose ... a very long time ago. There was no stress like this then. You just pretty much went where you wanted to go. St Rose was located where I lived at the time. It was a good program-very clinically oriented, which is what I wanted and still do. Doing research did not interest me, but I am always happy to pass on questions/trends I see "in the trenches" that need to be studied.

I went to the College of Saint Rose ... a very long time ago. There was no stress like this then. You just pretty much went where you wanted to go. St Rose was located where I lived at the time. It was a good program-very clinically oriented, which is what I wanted and still do. Doing research did not interest me, but I am always happy to pass on questions/trends I see "in the trenches" that need to be studied.

My stats are: overall GPA: 3.58, Speech/AUD: 3.67, Grad Cert: 4.0. I interviewed at St. Rose and was very impressed with their program..just waiting to hear back from them.

How is it only 10:21pm? I doubt they're going to be posting them right at midnight, but I'm going to be up anyway and am so anxious to check...

It's like waiting for water to boil. That's what this whole process is like.

La la la, another Monday!  And...another foot of snow to just do nothing but delay the mail.  IT'S MARCH ALREADY!

My husband tried to trick me saying that it would delay any emails as well because the snow would be laying on the cables, and my stressed out head almost believed it for a second. 

Let's hope for one bit of good news for everyone this week!

Congratulations to everyone who just got into MGH! I also just saw my acceptance. I know last year people were notified of scholarships at the same time as the decisions came out but I didn't see anything about getting/not getting aid. Was anyone notified about a scholarship?

Congratulations to everyone who just got into MGH! I also just saw my acceptance. I know last year people were notified of scholarships at the same time as the decisions came out but I didn't see anything about getting/not getting aid. Was anyone notified about a scholarship?

Wondering the same!

Wondering the same!

I was also accepted wahoooo!!! Congrats to everyone :) I am anxious to hear about financing too...I plan to email the financial office tomorrow!

This is so crazy wonderful!!

I was also accepted wahoooo!!! Congrats to everyone :) I am anxious to hear about financing too...I plan to email the financial office tomorrow!

This is so crazy wonderful!!

definitely keep us updated on what the financial office says!

also, does anyone know if mgh typically has an open house for accepted students?

definitely keep us updated on what the financial office says!

also, does anyone know if mgh typically has an open house for accepted students?

I think I remember reading on the results page that there was one around the end of March last year!

Someone just posted on the results page that they got a scholarship from MGH. I'm really wondering what their criteria is. Congratulations to that person though.

I just read this on thewebsite: "The MGH Institute of Health Professions offers scholarships to approximately 20% of the incoming students in these entry-level programs. Recipients receive scholarships that cover part or all of tuition... New students are notified of scholarship awards in their Letter of Acceptance." And now I'm feeling kind of disheartened. I know I should just be happy I got in because not everyone gets that opportunity but a program that doesn't make financial sense to attend is as much out of the running as a program you didn't get into. 

Edited by Kozo

I was the person who posted about getting a scholarship into MGH. For everyone who got accepted--the letter should say if they're offering you something, but it won't tell you how much. They said they're going to let everyone know in the next day or two. Congratulations to all of you, that's such a great accomplishment for you all!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to MGH!!! Makes me happy to hear so many acceptances! Sort of unrelated but is there a reason why a lot of people here applied to similar schools? I feel pretty lonely waiting for my schools to release their decisions...

I got in to MGH too! A little bit disappointed about not getting any aid, but since I'm out of field, going to a private school like MGH or Emerson makes more sense because I can graduate in two years rather than three. Higher cost but I get to start working sooner.