2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Right there with you.  I wonder if they are using a new system this year which is why it's taking a bit longer? I am a little confused about The Next Step TC vs. apply yourself. 

I am too! I wonder where our decisions will be posted... or when!

I am too! I wonder where our decisions will be posted... or when!

I've been checking my Next Step account--it seems like there is more information on there, and like it would have to be updated if you were accepted.   They said they would notify by email though, but not until "around mid/late March"! Dying. 

Hey everyone! 

I was wondering if anyone applied to ETSU, and if so, do you know when we should find out??? I applied to 6 schools and I have already gotten two rejections. I'm still hoping for a silver lining!! 

has anyone heard from st. xavier or governors state? or know when we find out? 

I haven't heard a peep from St. X yet. They seemed to be so disorganized through the whole process, so I wouldn't doubt it if thats the last school I hear from. We'll see, I guess.

from the board it looks like someone heard from vanderbilt through email. was that any of you?? i was sure they had said they were mailing decisions! haha

I didn't post it on the results board yet, but I just got an email acceptance from Vanderbilt as well! So excited :) They definitely did say they were mailing decisions, and it looks like they've always mailed them in the past so I was very surprised, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait!

I didn't post it on the results board yet, but I just got an email acceptance from Vanderbilt as well! So excited :) They definitely did say they were mailing decisions, and it looks like they've always mailed them in the past so I was very surprised, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait!

that's awesome, congrats!!

Congrats!!! I also thought they would mail.... I almost wish they would b/c refreshing my email every 10 seconds is making it difficult to focus on work :)

Yay! Buddies! :) Are you going to the visit day(s)? I was so shocked/excited/flattered to see my email, but I assumed I would never get in so I was already pretty set on going elsewhere....but it'd be SO hard to turn down Vanderbilt... :/

thanks!! congrats katieliz! I am definitely going to make it to one of the visit days - not sure which will work best yet though.  Vanderbilt is definitely at the top of my list!  I wanted to go there for undergrad but was waitlisted, so I'm glad that didn't happen again haha.  It will be helpful to find out about the funding decisions though.  I was offered a scholarship to Arizona so I am headed there this weekend - sooo excited for the sunny 80 degree weather!

Just received an email from App State that I have been wait listed. Since I got accepted to Radford I would have turned down an acceptance anyway because when researching the Radford area and the areas of the other schools I should hear from thoroughly, it looks like Radford is the better bet financially and career wise than Boone. Just two more schools and this can all be over!

I decided to send a very nice e-mail to USF inquiring about their progress in decision making. If they've made all of their acceptances and are just waiting to send out waitlists/rejections (like UNC-CH did), I would rather know. I don't want to keep thinking there's a chance when it's been long gone. The sooner this process is over, the better! Then I can move on and start perfecting my applications for next season. 

I decided to send a very nice e-mail to USF inquiring about their progress in decision making. If they've made all of their acceptances and are just waiting to send out waitlists/rejections (like UNC-CH did), I would rather know. I don't want to keep thinking there's a chance when it's been long gone. The sooner this process is over, the better! Then I can move on and start perfecting my applications for next season. 

I'm sorry that this process has been so stressful for you :( Did you ever hear from UVA?

I'm sorry that this process has been so stressful for you :( Did you ever hear from UVA?

Nope :( I'm assuming UVA has only sent out a handful of acceptances, since I've only seen ~5 on the results board. UVA was a little bit of a reach for me though, so we will see. I'm still waitlisted at USC, and their letter indicated that second round acceptances from the waitlist would be made at the end of the month. 

It makes me feel a little bit better knowing that many people apply more than once. At least it isn't just me. The only thing that isn't so great is that I will have to live 18 hours away from my boyfriend of 4 years while I'm reapplying. 

Aww  :( My boyfriend of 3 years and I broke up while I was working on my applications. I'm just relieved that I can go anywhere without worrying about someone.

It seems like USC is going through their waitlist pretty early so that's not as bad as other schools. You might hear some good news! And people get accepted by their reach and not the one they expected to hear from pretty often  :)

It really makes me sad/angry that all of the programs you applied to are taking their sweet time getting back to you!

Northeastern and UNC Greensboro are making this week verrrrrry slow for me

:( I hope they hurry it up!!

Aww  :( My boyfriend of 3 years and I broke up while I was working on my applications. I'm just relieved that I can go anywhere without worrying about someone.

It seems like USC is going through their waitlist pretty early so that's not as bad as other schools. You might hear some good news! And people get accepted by their reach and not the one they expected to hear from pretty often  :)

It really makes me sad/angry that all of the programs you applied to are taking their sweet time getting back to you!

Man that is rough. At least the break up left you with something positive! I can't even imagine what it's like for people who are married and have families. It's a really difficult process, especially when relocation is something to consider. 

Luckily, my boyfriend will be coming with me wherever I go for grad school. We were already a long distance couple for about a year, so I'm sure we'll survive. Hopefully. 

I also got an acceptance email from Vanderbilt today! The email indicated that funding decisions will not go out until at least March 22. My attendance is probably contingent on funding... I need to think about the timing of a visit based on that.