2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

This is my second application to WCU, and the same process seems to be occuring as last year....I waited last year until May to learn that the process was closed; I was never technically "rejected". I am curious if anyone got a rejection notice at this point, but I have no idea. The thought of another month of waiting is making me need to take more yoga asap. It would be nice to know if we are actually in a legitimate "pile of possibilities" and not just 300+ students all in the same boat.
Yes I agree. It's this sentence I really want to know about: " Those applicants with a status of "Complete and Ready for Review" are still in consideration for second round admission and an eventual waitlist." Wondering if people were rejected or not.

do we find out from uf today?? (its friday in my time zone)

i go to uf and some girl said we do. ahhhh?

Yes we do! I go to UF as well and heard the same thing... ah!

Ugh! Insomnia!  I have this unrealistic hope that Northwestern will send out their decisions tomorrow!  And UT-Austin is next week... FINALLY!

I'm confused about UT-Austin - I think they did their first wave in February... My friend was accepted in the second week of February, and I see a few other acceptances on the results page from Feb. 12th as well.

Celebrating this pie day with my first acceptance to the University of Houston!

Still not sure if I'm going to accept or deny it since it all depends on my home-state results but I'm just happy to know that I'm going somewhere this Fall :)

Congratulations!!!  :)

I'm confused about UT-Austin - I think they did their first wave in February... My friend was accepted in the second week of February, and I see a few other acceptances on the results page from Feb. 12th as well.

That's really strange because UT-Austin doesn't usually do waves of acceptances for ANYTHING.  And I have friends who have applied for the SLP Masters and they have never done waves for that in the past either.  I went there for undergrad and it would be really weird for them to do it that way.  Their website currently says for CSD grad that ALL decisions will be sent the week of March 18th...  Did your friend perhaps get a special scholarship or something?  They also didn't even have a committee looking at apps until late February, so it's really odd that someone would be accepted in early Feb.  They notify everyone on the same day.  Very strange!  If you go look at their CSD grad site for applicants, you can see it clearly says the week of March 18th for ALL decisions...

That's really strange because UT-Austin doesn't usually do waves of acceptances for ANYTHING.  And I have friends who have applied for the SLP Masters and they have never done waves for that in the past either.  I went there for undergrad and it would be really weird for them to do it that way.  Their website currently says for CSD grad that ALL decisions will be sent the week of March 18th...  Did your friend perhaps get a special scholarship or something?  They also didn't even have a committee looking at apps until late February, so it's really odd that someone would be accepted in early Feb.  They notify everyone on the same day.  Very strange!  If you go look at their CSD grad site for applicants, you can see it clearly says the week of March 18th for ALL decisions...

She hasn't had any word on funding yet. I don't think she posts here on the results page and I do see at least one other person on there who was accepted. I think she applied relatively early, but I'm not sure. Maybe it just bodes well at a shot for a scholarship, or she fit someone's research interests. She was surprised too and wasn't expecting to hear back until their spring break.

She hasn't had any word on funding yet. I don't think she posts here on the results page and I do see at least one other person on there who was accepted. I think she applied relatively early, but I'm not sure. Maybe it just bodes well at a shot for a scholarship, or she fit someone's research interests. She was surprised too and wasn't expecting to hear back until their spring break.

Yeah, that's really interesting!  Who knows what is going on - I'm obviously not 100% in the know!!  I just know that in past years they have told everyone on the same day.  The only exceptions would be for like a special track or something, which I think all they have now is the bilingual track.  There was another on the acceptance page before but someone marked it as spam and I guess it was because they took it down?!  All I know is that most of us should hear next week!

Next week UWM goes on spring break, so if they don't send anything today, then I can forget it until the end if March.

The week after next is my spring break, it's still supposed to be below freezing and snowing next week, I could use spring to make myself feel better!

Ok, whinefest over, now time to get stuff done!

I had a nightmare last night that CSDCAS just messed up my UWM application so they never even saw it and I missed my shot due to them. No wonder I qake up so tired every morning lately!

Next week UWM goes on spring break, so if they don't send anything today, then I can forget it until the end if March.

The week after next is my spring break, it's still supposed to be below freezing and snowing next week, I could use spring to make myself feel better!

I had a nightmare last night that CSDCAS just messed up my UWM application so they never even saw it and I missed my shot due to them. No wonder I qake up so tired every morning lately!

Sounds like a rough night!!!  Hope you get an answer today!!  

Celebrating this pie day with my first acceptance to the University of Houston!

Still not sure if I'm going to accept or deny it since it all depends on my home-state results but I'm just happy to know that I'm going somewhere this Fall :)

Yayyy!!! Congrats!! I hope we hear some good news out of CA soon!!

Accepted to Eastern New Mexico University via postal service, this was one of my "fall back" schools so I most likely will not attend. Florida schools sure are taking their time with notifications this year!

Congrats on ENMU. It was my fall back school as well and I was rejected. Apparently I didn't have enough pre-reqs finished. Was told to send in my application again next years once I had at least 75% of them finished.

Always amazes me that there are really no fall back schools for SLPs.

UWM is driving me nuts. A professor told me this week so I'm hoping for today. I know that the program coordinator who usually e-mailed decisions retired last semester and they have an interim in there right now so maybe that's what is slowing down the process? If I don't get good news from UWM I'm starting on my back-up plan so I would really like to know before spring break!

Congrats on ENMU. It was my fall back school as well and I was rejected. Apparently I didn't have enough pre-reqs finished. Was told to send in my application again next years once I had at least 75% of them finished.

Always amazes me that there are really no fall back schools for SLPs.

Yeah, they told me I was conditionally accepted, and that I need to take 3 more classes :/ Gonna pass on that one!

UWM is driving me nuts. A professor told me this week so I'm hoping for today. I know that the program coordinator who usually e-mailed decisions retired last semester and they have an interim in there right now so maybe that's what is slowing down the process? If I don't get good news from UWM I'm starting on my back-up plan so I would really like to know before spring break!

I had everything timed out from the past years' results page, and that was Wednesday, but I'm ok with today, but waiting until after their spring break would be stressful.

My problem is that I'm waitlisted well....everywhere.  My other backup is Whitewater (I'm bound by my husband's job a bit), and my only other acceptance is Marquette, so I'm dying to hear from UWM, as my husband could easily transfer to Milwaukee.  Marquette is a bit too expensive, so I'll only go there if I don't get in anywhere else or only get waitlists (price being the only holdup). 

I'd like to start planning and apartment searching in Milwaukee, and UWM's and UWW's notifications are my only holdups (I prefer UWM).  I'm not counting on getting off of Madison's waitlist. 

I'm glad they said this week, that gives me a glimmer of hope! Thank you :)

I had everything timed out from the past years' results page, and that was Wednesday, but I'm ok with today, but waiting until after their spring break would be stressful.

My problem is that I'm waitlisted well....everywhere.  My other backup is Whitewater (I'm bound by my husband's job a bit), and my only other acceptance is Marquette, so I'm dying to hear from UWM, as my husband could easily transfer to Milwaukee.  Marquette is a bit too expensive, so I'll only go there if I don't get in anywhere else or only get waitlists (price being the only holdup). 

I'd like to start planning and apartment searching in Milwaukee, and UWM's and UWW's notifications are my only holdups (I prefer UWM).  I'm not counting on getting off of Madison's waitlist. 

I'm glad they said this week, that gives me a glimmer of hope! Thank you :)

Yeah I feel your pain. I've been rejected to 3 schools already, granted I am waiting on 5 more but UWM is my top choice so I don't have to move.

I know that Whitewater is really hard to get in to just for the fact that their program is so tiny and they accept so many of their own undergrad students. I'm also waiting on Whitewater so I'm getting anxious about that too.

If UWM doesn't let us know today I might lose my mind and this will be the longest spring break ever!

To those that didn't receive an acceptance email from Vanderbilt.. I spoke with someone over there today and she said that they put the decision letters in the mail yesterday so depending on where you are in the country you should be getting them soon!

Thanks for contacting them...

Yeah I feel your pain. I've been rejected to 3 schools already, granted I am waiting on 5 more but UWM is my top choice so I don't have to move.

I know that Whitewater is really hard to get in to just for the fact that their program is so tiny and they accept so many of their own undergrad students. I'm also waiting on Whitewater so I'm getting anxious about that too.

If UWM doesn't let us know today I might lose my mind and this will be the longest spring break ever!

I'm still waiting on a few as well.  I think that I was waitlisted at Eau Claire just because their program is so tiny.  I was expecting straight rejections from Madison and Iowa as they were my reach schools, so while I'm cool with the waitlist, I'm not counting on getting off of it.  If Madison let me know before other plans are final I'd accept, but like I say, not going to happen.

If I don't get into Whitewater I will never live it down with my family...my mom went there (and was dead set on me going there for undergrad, actually discouraged me from going to Madison), my brother goes there, and his girlfriend is a com dis major (undergrad) there. 

Getting into UWM would just make things so much easier and relaxed!   And today, please!  Pretty pretty please?