2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

GPA/GRE alone provide very little information -- it's all about the factors that you can't see, like the personal statement, research/work experience, publications, etc., that really sets an applicant apart. (IMO)

I agree. Unless the adcom has to provide some sort of GPA cutoff (i.e., a 3.2 is required to apply), I don't think they only look at numbers. 

Talk about a momentary freak-out session.  I just got an email about UNC Greensboro financial aid which included my student number... after going through all of the steps it said to do, I finally found the screen that showed "requirements" to be satisfied, which included admission .... haha!!  Wow, now I have student ID numbers for UNC-G, WCU, and USC... would be nice to get an acceptance of course!  Wouldn't it be funny if my acceptance was noted in the financial aid system before I was notified?  Yeah, that would be cool.  Now I have more websites to obsessively login.  

It's semi-positive news to think about as I wait for official news, so I'm holding on to that!! :-) 

GPA/GRE alone provide very little information -- it's all about the factors that you can't see, like the personal statement, research/work experience, publications, etc., that really sets an applicant apart. (IMO)

I agree. Unless the adcom has to provide some sort of GPA cutoff (i.e., a 3.2 is required to apply), I don't think they only look at numbers. 

That's good to hear. GREs are way too expensive to keep re-taking and it's hard to come back from a low GPA.

Just got accepted to the Med SLP program at the University of Washington. AHHH I am freaking out. 

Accepted: UW (MED), UMN-TC, BU, Emerson, Rush, GWU, MGH

Rejected:

Waitlisted: 

I did my post bacc at UW. If you have any questions about the school/area feel free to PM me. Congrats on all your acceptances, and those still waiting, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Talk about a momentary freak-out session.  I just got an email about UNC Greensboro financial aid which included my student number... after going through all of the steps it said to do, I finally found the screen that showed "requirements" to be satisfied, which included admission .... haha!!  Wow, now I have student ID numbers for UNC-G, WCU, and USC... would be nice to get an acceptance of course!  Wouldn't it be funny if my acceptance was noted in the financial aid system before I was notified?  Yeah, that would be cool.  Now I have more websites to obsessively login.  

It's semi-positive news to think about as I wait for official news, so I'm holding on to that!! :-) 

I don't even have a student ID for USC!

I'm kind of annoyed that a lot of SLP posters are using the results search as a conversation thread. It makes it much harder to skim over. 

That really annoys me too. I freaked out when I saw Vanderbilt show up 3 times, but it was just people asking about dates! Also, lots of people are asking others to post stats when their stats are already there under the red diamond. Pay attention and be resourceful, people!!!

Ack, a few more USF postings, jmarti! Really hoping you get the news you have worked so hard to earn!

I only see two. But, I have a feeling that since I am not one of them, I didn't make the cut. 

I really do hate groupon these days. I work as an SLP for 2 small schools and when I don't have students in with me its hard not to watch admissions non-stop and whenever I get an email my heart skips.

Dutt0058, you are already working as a SLP? so, why are you applying for your master's? Or are you trying to do your PhD? A little confused here...

& jmarti keep your head up.. it's not over yet, remember :)

True. Four people have posted admits, and I'm beginning to think I would have heard already. Hard not to think it's anything but over. :(

don't lose hope! i thought the same thing when everyone got nyu admits on one day and i didn't hear anything. and then i ended up getting an admittance email a few days later.

don't lose hope! i thought the same thing when everyone got nyu admits on one day and i didn't hear anything. and then i ended up getting an admittance email a few days later.

Same for me and UVA.

It's not over until it's over!

Hmm, excellent point. That made me feel a lot better. Thanks :)