2013 Decisions Thread

scholl43

Living abroad is making this process so much harder!! When I get home, sometimes it's like 6am in America. Then I just have so much more time to stare at my email and wait for responses. Here's hoping we hear from American soon!! 

can anyone tell me how bad it is that LBJ is already sending out funding details and my application is still marked as "in review" re: admissions? should I just give up hope or....

Why don't you call admissions tomorrow instead of just speculating. I know I would. 

Why don't you call admissions tomorrow instead of just speculating. I know I would. 

can anyone tell me how bad it is that LBJ is already sending out funding details and my application is still marked as "in review" re: admissions? should I just give up hope or....

I just called them, they said they are still entering all the status updates into the system, so it could take as long as early next week

Got wait-listed by Georgetown :(

Can I ask which program at Georgetown?  And hey, waitlisted isn't a rejection - keep your hopes up! 

Can I ask which program at Georgetown?  And hey, waitlisted isn't a rejection - keep your hopes up! 

MA in Asian Studies. Yeah, it's better than a rejection but it's one of my top choices. 

Anxiously checking my email for news from American SIS and got a scholarship email from Korbel School at Denver!! One time non-renewable $10,000 scholarship. It's not an insane amount, but it definitely helps. Awesome! 

Edited by sweettea844

Ok, question(s). Is there an SFS Georgetown alum or anyone who was in this situation who can answer this? Should I consider being wait-listed by Georgetown as rejection? Has anyone here been accepted by Georgetown after being wait-listed? This is for the MA in Asian Studies program. 

So sorry to hear the wait is causing you so much anxiety Tupacalyse, although I'm secretly comforted to know I have some company as I nervously await admissions decisions (I have yet to hear back from ANY of the five schools I applied to!)

And don't let AU blame it on the "snowstorm" -- this should give you a good sense for why!  (And cut the tension a bit!)

Best of luck!

I don't want to contribute to it..... but I called them today. The answer I got was, "Decisions should be out by the end of March/beginning of April." So not much help there :unsure:

hyunghhhhhhhhhhhh nooooo