2013 Decisions Thread

scholl43

I've applied to HKS (MPA/ID), SIPA (MPA), WWS (MPA), SAIS (MA). Haven't heard from any yet.

------------------------------

Applied: HKS (MPA/ID), SIPA (MPA), WWS (MPA), SAIS (MA)

Accepted:

Rejected:

Awaiting: HKS (MPA/ID), SIPA (MPA), WWS (MPA), SAIS (MA)

I was in your shoes until last Friday when I heard back (positively) from the University of Chicago, so I definitely understand!  Hang in there!  Decision month is almost over!

John Hopkins SAIS admits are out. I was accepted to the Latin American Studies program! I thought it would be a reach, but a very nice surprise.

John Hopkins SAIS admits are out. I was accepted to the Latin American Studies program! I thought it would be a reach, but a very nice surprise.

I haven't received anything for the MAIA program yet :/ 

I haven't received anything for the MAIA program yet :/ 

Log into your application and you might find something. I didnt get the email and checked and found out I was not admitted.

Log into your application and you might find something. I didnt get the email and checked and found out I was not admitted.

Yeah I did... nothing there. Don't know what's going on.Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Just got an acceptance from UW today, and they told me via email yesterday that they're doing decisions this week so anyone else waiting should expect to hear from them in the next few days if they haven't already. I only got offered $10k over 2 years so I'll almost definitely be attending USC (full tuition scholarship), just gotta look into the availability of tuition/stipend assistantships at UW before I commit.

Just got an acceptance from UW today, and they told me via email yesterday that they're doing decisions this week so anyone else waiting should expect to hear from them in the next few days if they haven't already. I only got offered $10k over 2 years so I'll almost definitely be attending USC (full tuition scholarship), just gotta look into the availability of tuition/stipend assistantships at UW before I commit.

Thanks for the heads up skemp, I've been wondering when Evans would release their offers.  Congrats on the admit!

Any advice here on:

GW (Asian Studies) Vs American (Int'l Affairs - Regional and Comparative) VS Waitlist Georgetown SFS (Asian Studies)?

I have EXACTLY THE SAME dilemma.  Any inputs will be appreciated. Thank you!

In at SAIS, LBJ, GPPI, Harris, SPEA and Erasmus Mundus...waiting on two more (but super reaches so fat chance!) 

MPPgal, when did you hear from SPEA?  I'm in but haven't heard anything about aid.  Getting on this forum is great for info but also nearly gives me a heart attack every time considering there are a bunch of schools other people have heard from that I haven't (American, SPEA, UW, etc....)

I heard from SPEA back in December, 3 weeks after I applied (around the 18th). They said "we seldom extend aid to international students" so Im guessing I will decline as I have a fully funded offer from LBJ and for no money I also got into better known programs even though I really like their environmental emphasis! I think if Elinor Ostrom was still alive I would consider it more as she is one of my heroes but without her it is just not the same!

Recently accepted to the SAIS Bologna campus for International Development (funding coming soon?), AU SIS for Development Management (half tuition + 12k research assistantship/year), and GWU for International Development Studies (10k/year). I'm still pretty sold on Georgetown's GHD program, though a little funding from them would make all the difference.

Edited by Ariana14

Recently accepted to the SAIS Bologna campus for International Development (funding coming soon?), AU SIS for Development Management (half tuition + 12k research assistantship/year), and GWU for International Development Studies (10k/year). I'm still pretty sold on Georgetown's GHD program, though a little funding from them would make all the difference.

Same deal for SAIS (IDEV @ Bologna 1st year with funding info to come next week) and Gtown's GHD.  Also just received acceptance email for Berkeley's MDP this afternoon -- recommended for admission email...no official letter yet or mention of funding.  Waiting on SIPA and then some fun/stressful decision making.

Got a rejection from fletcher MALD :/....

When did you hear from Fletcher, Taidan? I'm very sorry to hear you got dinged. Best of luck with MSFS and SSP!

Thanks! I am straight out of undergrad (but with significant experience), so I guess it was a bit of a reach. 

I got the email around 15 min ago. 

Good luck with your schools.

I just logged in to check my status, and I was admitted! With $19k renewable for the second year! Huge surprise to get so much funding, seeing as I haven't been offered any from SAIS or SIS...

I have huge decisions ahead of me.

Good luck to everyone, and sorry for those who got dinged.

Congrats DaniCM! They just updated scholarship decisions for early notification acceptances too. Checked mine and I got $10k renewable.