American SIS results?

av260987

Hi,

I applied to the MA in International Affairs(concentration: comparative and regional studies) program starting Fall 2013 at SIS. Elsewhere on these forums, I saw that some people have heard from American although I can't be sure if it's the same program.

Has anyone who applied to SIS heard from them? My application status has been saying 'Complete and Ready for Review' for a month now.

I'm sort of stressing because it's one of my top choices.

I don't know how I'll wait till March!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My roommate applied to that program and hasn't received the result yet.

Better to wait till March!

Thanks. I know I'm stressing but I can't help it.

By the way, when did you apply to NYU SCPS and when did you hear from them?

NYU SCPS has rolling admissions.

I submitted my application on the 5th of January (my professor submitted the reference letter on the 21st though) and heard back on February 13th.

My friend submitted his on the 14th-ish of Jan. and heard back a few days before I did.

My roommate submitted his application a week or two later than us and still hasn't heard yet.

For SFS, my roommate had a chat session thing yesterday and the Admin guy told him that they will release the results in mid-march with scholarship info.

I think most of other schools are the same as well.

Let's hope for the best!

Oh, thanks for the info.

Yeah, I know NYU SCPS has rolling admissions. I wasn't sure if I wanted to apply there so I only recently submitted my application. So just wanted to know how long their process takes.

Elliott is March too right?

I see!

It took me about a month.

The admission rate is over 57% (2011), so you probably don't have to worry about not getting in.

And yeah, Elliot should be early-mid March.

Let's hope for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted :) Although, didn't hear about funding. I'm guessing it means I won't get any. Did anyone else hear?

Still waiting on International Economic Relations. To which program did you apply? I read somewhere on here that SIS wouldn't be releasing decisions until late March/early April?

I just got my acceptance letter for the MS Dev't Management program. Yay! My admissions letter had this bit in it:

"If you have completed the FAFSA form to apply for federal student aid, please refer to the instruction section below to view your federal aid package. If you are still interested in applying for federal aid, please visit American University's AU Central/Office of Financial Aid for information on how to do so."

But I didn't have an "instruction section" below... does that mean I didn't get any funding? -_-

I just got my acceptance letter for the MS Dev't Management program. Yay! My admissions letter had this bit in it:

"If you have completed the FAFSA form to apply for federal student aid, please refer to the instruction section below to view your federal aid package. If you are still interested in applying for federal aid, please visit American University's AU Central/Office of Financial Aid for information on how to do so."

But I didn't have an "instruction section" below... does that mean I didn't get any funding? -_-

I got that same message and same problem, not quite sure.

Admitted! Can't find funding so freaked out a little thinking I never submitted a funding request..pretty sure it was a part of the application itself, right? I'm an international applicant...

Accepted with full scholarship and a research assistantship position! It's the International Economic Relations program.

Congratulations! Where did you find your scholarship information? I can't locate mine...

Edited by intlrlns

My guess is that some programs within SIS (there are many different ones) have released admissions and funding decisions at different times... and some programs release these decisions together while some don't... So if you've been accepted with no word on funding, don't be discouraged... just wait a little while. I was accepted to GWU last year and got a fellowship decision several days later...

My guess is that some programs within SIS (there are many different ones) have released admissions and funding decisions at different times... and some programs release these decisions together while some don't... So if you've been accepted with no word on funding, don't be discouraged... just wait a little while. I was accepted to GWU last year and got a fellowship decision several days later...

Thanks this is really helpful..I've applied to the SIS International Politics program so hopefully next week will bring funding options as well. 

Still waiting on International Economic Relations. To which program did you apply? I read somewhere on here that SIS wouldn't be releasing decisions until late March/early April?

I applied for the MA in International Affairs(Comparative and Regional Studies).

I applied for the MA in International Affairs (International Politics) and received a funding decision directly in the letter. The instructions for the financial aid were, however, on the second or third page of the letter.  I would assume anyone who applied for aid would have to have the instructions for viewing the aid decision.

Mine still says it's in review....guess that means it's probably a rejection....

Also, I think it's pretty awful that now I have to wait the whole weekend to probably get a rejection on Monday. 

Edited by sweettea844

I applied for the MA in International Affairs (International Politics) and received a funding decision directly in the letter. The instructions for the financial aid were, however, on the second or third page of the letter.  I would assume anyone who applied for aid would have to have the instructions for viewing the aid decision.

Thanks, really helpful. I noticed that I did have instructions with the email and I logged in to the AU portal to check my financial aid package but it says "Error: You have no financial aid activity on record." wondering if it's just the federal aid info available online or what. I'm international so don't know how that works. I guess I'll call them to figure it out..no end on anxiety for me..

Thanks, really helpful. I noticed that I did have instructions with the email and I logged in to the AU portal to check my financial aid package but it says "Error: You have no financial aid activity on record." wondering if it's just the federal aid info available online or what. I'm international so don't know how that works. I guess I'll call them to figure it out..no end on anxiety for me..

I'm an international student too and I noticed that the email only mentions federal aid information. Although once you click on the link to your program, it says that if you haven't heard about funding in your acceptance letter, you probably didn't get it. I was thinking of calling/emailing them to find out.  Please let me know what you hear as well.