SIPA

ийнна

The admissions office is probably really stressed this week after reviewing applications and it might have been a quickly worded post. They've usually released decisions 5-6 days earlier than they have this year, and keep in mind, this is the 2nd year of a new director of admissions. They probably didn't mean it in a bad way.

Same here, when I first read it I was like "oh, ok", but after seeing the post above and reading it again, I agree it was quite rude. However, at the same time, it was a statement of fact, a lot will get in, but a lot will get rejected (and of course some will get listed, which imo is just a nice way of saying you are rejected since the probability of getting of the wait list is so damn low). 

Are there any numbers for how many get waitlisted typically and how many get admitted from waitlist?

Are there any numbers for how many get waitlisted typically and how many get admitted from waitlist?

To be completely honest I have no idea, I looked around trying to determine what % of applications get waitlisted as well as what % of waitlisted applications get of the list, however I had no luck finding that information for Columbia. However, I would assume a very small number gets waitlisted, and a fairly small number of those get off the waitlist. 

To be completely honest I have no idea, I looked around trying to determine what % of applications get waitlisted as well as what % of waitlisted applications get of the list, however I had no luck finding that information for Columbia. However, I would assume a very small number gets waitlisted, and a fairly small number of those get off the waitlist. 

Makes sense.

Today's the day guys. Hopefully we'll hear something back before 5pm EST today. 

I've personally been waiting on SIPA to make my final decision. It's a good problem to have when you don't know what school to choose. Hopefully I get in and I get that fellowship I applied for. 

Edited by Kadisha

http://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw

It's the 21st century. No reason for it to only play in your head haha.

PS: Today's my first day of the TAP Workshop. Shoot me now.

you may enjoy the last day mock job interviews. since you wont pick up much knowledge at TAP at least go for the lulz.

I´ve literally waited years for this week to come. It feels unreal. Best of luck everyone.

Now that you say that, it's interesting because I have waited too for this moment for about 5-6 years, and now that it comes, it is not at all what I thought it was going to be. I almost have no enthusiasm left. I already got into another great program, and only the very unlikely scenario in which I get a full ride would make me weight the possibility of attending SIPA.

The map is not the territory, definitely.

Now that you say that, it's interesting because I have waited too for this moment for about 5-6 years, and now that it comes, it is not at all what I thought it was going to be. I almost have no enthusiasm left. I already got into another great program, and only the very unlikely scenario in which I get a full ride would make me weight the possibility of attending SIPA.

The map is not the territory, definitely.

Hah see I've always wanted to attend Columbia but I just want to get all of my schooling out of the way.  In the extremelyyyy unlikely scenario I get admitted straight out of undergrad with very little work experience, I would gladly go in to 100,000$ in debt to attend the school.  My logic is lacking I know.

Hah see I've always wanted to attend Columbia but I just want to get all of my schooling out of the way.  In the extremelyyyy unlikely scenario I get admitted straight out of undergrad with very little work experience, I would gladly go in to 100,000$ in debt to attend the school.  My logic is lacking I know.

That is precisely why you'd benefit from a few years experience, as it would greatly improve your logic.  ;) 

Edited by soapwater

I'd rather attend a program that is just as good (or better, depending on the source) and finish the two years with no debt at all.

Decisions are out for the MIA apparently ! Mine is available on the website.
Got in with no scolarship. Excited, but I was pretty much in the same state of mind as alf10087 anyway :)

Edited by FrenchO

This is outrageously baffling to me... I don't understand how people can rationalize law school debt for an MPA degree.

Just checked the website after seeing the rejection on the result page.

Thank you. I have nothing yet.

I'm all stressed out already, heh, even with what I said before, the result from SIPA finishes an admissions cycle that has had 95% of my attention for the past 9 months, and the drive of my efforts since many many years ago, so it's still a big deal to just know how it works out.

Edited by alf10087

Email came in a few minutes ago for the MPA.  In with funding somehow!  Still waiting on MPA-DP news.  Good luck all!

Accepted for the MIA with no funding. Will likely wait another year. Congrats/best of luck to everyone else!

Edited by soapwater

Denied from SIPA! I'm actually pretty ok with it. I don't think it was a great fit for me and the price tag plus NYC living expenses probably would have made it impossible anyways. Fletcher, here I come!