Rejected Offers Information for Wait-Listers 2013 Entry

phdhope2013

thanks! yes, that's what I was thinking -- if there was an official visit weekend, prospectives may wait until after the visit and then make their final decision about the program within a few days.  without an official visit, decisions may trickle out.... Anyway, I'm happy to be on the waitlist.. there's still a chance!

Based on your signature block change it looks like you got more than just "a chance," did you get in?!?!? Because that would make me happy, this forum is a lot more fun when people are getting/announcing good news :D

Officially turned down a funded offer from Arizona. Will be turning down offers from Florida (wait listed for funding) and Arizona State (no funding info) once I figure out how to do so.

anyone planning to decline UMN or UVA (American Politics subfield)? i am on the high waitlist at both programs and wondering whether i would be able to be accepted off the waitlist.

Turned down funded offers to Maryland and Michigan State. Both in comparative. Also, when talking to Michigan, I got the impression that all their comparative slots were filled. So take that for what it's worth.

Best of luck to everybody!

Just ask for opinion,

Will a school have several wait lists for different subfield like wait list-Theory, wait list-Comparative, wait list-IR? Because I was told that I am the third in the waitlist, I just want to count my chance.

Finger crossed...

Just ask for opinion,

Will a school have several wait lists for different subfield like wait list-Theory, wait list-Comparative, wait list-IR? Because I was told that I am the third in the waitlist, I just want to count my chance.

Finger crossed...

Are you talking about Maryland? Did you get a sense of how long the waitlist is?? i'm also waiting to hear a response.. it's my top choice!

Fingers Crossed...

Good Luck!