Notre Dame results

Ubi charitas

I thought I'd start a thread for those who interviewed and are currently waiting to hear back from ND. The Final Judgment will be on Monday. We will receive a call from Prof. Wawrykow, who will inform us of acceptance, wait list, or (shudder...) rejection.

Anyone else going crazy at the thought that the decisions have all been made (probably for a few days, now), but the graduate college won't let us know until Monday?

Are we talking PhD and MTS results?

PhD.

Right. Sorry, it was my understanding that ND only interviews for their PhD program. I don't know about MTS. I do know that only PhD results will announced on Monday, not MTS.

They've actually only started looking over MTS files, as far as I gather -- you'll probably hear in mid-March?

Damn. Last year MTS results went out as early as March 3.

I just received a call on my cell phone from an Indiana number. Despite the fact that I didn't interview, my heart naturally skipped 546843164 beats, as I know Notre Dame is making calls today, and I rarely ever receive calls from unknown callers.

It was a telemarketer.

AHHHH!

I just received a call on my cell phone from an Indiana number. Despite the fact that I didn't interview, my heart naturally skipped 546843164 beats, as I know Notre Dame is making calls today, and I rarely ever receive calls from unknown callers.

It was a telemarketer.

AHHHH!

Maybe it's the coffee, or the Syriac I'm translating, but my heart freaked out reading this. I HATE that kind of shit....may the gods be with you, mang <3.

That is rough.

It totally was. I answered the phone in my "nice" voice and everything!

Maybe it's the coffee, or the Syriac I'm translating, but my heart freaked out reading this. I HATE that kind of shit....may the gods be with you, mang <3.

Hahaha, thanks! :)

First acceptance just posted on the results page. Anyone want to claim it?

By someone in moral theology, too!  Congrats to the person who was offered the acceptance!

Same here. From what I've gathered, they haven't contacted anyone yet. The only exception would be that acceptance that was posted on the results page. Either they notified that person first since they were nominated for a presidential fellowship, or it's fake.

Perhaps people are bashful about posting because they don't want to be identified, after all there were only a few of us. I've been rather bad at remaining anonymous on here. After compulsively checking my phone every 30 seconds yesterday, I didn't get a call either. I finally got an email this morning...second on the waitlist...UGGG

Frankly, I was expecting (and having dreams about) outright rejection, so this is kind of a consolation. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the likelihood 2 people offered admission (there were four offers right?) and/or the one person ahead of me on the waitlist will go elsewhere?

Edit: I'll just put in my plea here, if you were admitted or waitlisted and are going someplace else, please notify them soon!

Edited by 11Q13

Perhaps people are bashful about posting because they don't want to be identified, after all there were only a few of us. I've been rather bad at remaining anonymous on here. After compulsively checking my phone every 30 seconds yesterday, I didn't get a call either. I finally got an email this morning...second on the waitlist...UGGG

Frankly, I was expecting (and having dreams about) outright rejection, so this is kind of a consolation. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the likelihood 2 people offered admission (there were four offers right?) and/or the one person ahead of me on the waitlist will go elsewhere?

Regardless of your likelihood of getting in (because I have no idea how to even begin to guess at that), congratulations on your wait list status! I think that even being wait listed at a school like Notre Dame is a tremendous accomplishment.

Regardless of your likelihood of getting in (because I have no idea how to even begin to guess at that), congratulations on your wait list status! I think that even being wait listed at a school like Notre Dame is a tremendous accomplishment.

Thanks, I haven't given up hope yet. "By the skin of my teeth" has described most of my life, so I don't why I would think this would be any different!

Well, I could certainly be wrong. I know the year *before* that, I got my results around March 12 or so.

Last year, it looks like the MTS notifications went out on the 8th, being the second Thursday of March. Soon, regardless...

Wondering about the M.A. in Early Christian Studies, though...