Speech Pathology - Texas Schools

By the way, katieliz456, now that you're waitlisted, sending an email to the department head of BU (just one brief email) reiterating your readiness to take a position that opens and your continued interest in BU is supposed to put you in a positive light among waiting list candidates (if you haven't done that already).

My dept. head said the reason I was given a shot at the wait list was b/c of qualifications and because I had recently expressed interest in the program (referring to an email I sent early last week clarifying recommendation letters needed if one reapplied in a future semester and my desire to reapply  to UTD/work as an SLPA for a short bit if I'm not admitted this time.)

So, sending that initial email made me stand out just enough to snag a spot on the wait list and after being waitlisted, I sent one last email showing gratitude that entrance was still a possibility and stating that I would be available if a position opened or reapply at the first chance if not.

Hope this helps!

When you initially sent your first email you didn't have any response yet? I am still not sure where I stand but not sure if I should go ahead and send an email or wait to see if I am waitlisted or not!

When you initially sent your first email you didn't have any response yet? I am still not sure where I stand but not sure if I should go ahead and send an email or wait to see if I am waitlisted or not!

True, when I sent my first email there had been no communication to me yet. I did not know that writing him with my question would have a positive effect on my application, it was just luck. I'm glad I wrote. Just to clarify, I did not ask about my status when I wrote, so I don't want to advise how direct your question should be. I asked about who I could submit rec letters from if I worked in the field and reapplied next year (implying that I knew I might end up with a rejection.) I must admit that I was a little paranoid that I might not have submitted my file properly and that it had never been seen. I knew they would tell me if that were true when answering my email about rec letters. Hope this helps!

Amandawray23, I would second what SLPtoBeweee said. Dr. Stillman is really nice and I think he would be really upfront with you. Just ask him - it'll be fine :)

Does anyone know if UNT has sent out rejections?

UNT has sent out some rejections, theres a thread devoted to UNT... I was talking to people on it. Good luck!

True, when I sent my first email there had been no communication to me yet. I did not know that writing him with my question would have a positive effect on my application, it was just luck. I'm glad I wrote. Just to clarify, I did not ask about my status when I wrote, so I don't want to advise how direct your question should be. I asked about who I could submit rec letters from if I worked in the field and reapplied next year (implying that I knew I might end up with a rejection.) I must admit that I was a little paranoid that I might not have submitted my file properly and that it had never been seen. I knew they would tell me if that were true when answering my email about rec letters. Hope this helps!

Okay thanks! I am actually in the same process with UNT so that is why I was trying to figure out if I should email or what! :)

Last week, I wrote a very short (like 2-3 sentences) email to the department (not Dr. Stillman) saying I was still interested in attending and wondered when final decisions would be made.  I got a reply back that the late decisions by other schools were slowing down the process but that they expected movement around April 15.  They said they were making note of the students that were expressing continued interest in the program.

Last week, I wrote a very short (like 2-3 sentences) email to the department (not Dr. Stillman) saying I was still interested in attending and wondered when final decisions would be made.  I got a reply back that the late decisions by other schools were slowing down the process but that they expected movement around April 15.  They said they were making note of the students that were expressing continued interest in the program.

tex_hart, Which email did you send to? Did you use this one? communicationdisorders@utdallas.edu

tex_hart, Which email did you send to? Did you use this one? communicationdisorders@utdallas.edu

I think so.  It was a general admissions email that I found on their page regarding application questions.  Their website is tough to navigate since there is a UTD site and a Callier site--I never seem to make it back to the same place when I am looking for info.

So I've decided to accept UTD's offer and will be heading there in the fall!  I'm sorry I couldn't give my spot to one of you two, but I really really hope you get in and that I'll see you there!!

So I've decided to accept UTD's offer and will be heading there in the fall!  I'm sorry I couldn't give my spot to one of you two, but I really really hope you get in and that I'll see you there!!

Hope to see you too. I'll keep ya'll up to date on this board as I wait out the wait list.

If I make it in, you'll see me there. I'll be the short one. :)

Hi guys,

I was accepted to Texas State University - San Marcos yesterday, and I will likely be declining, they are giving us until the 19th and then they will start notifying people on the wait list!!

To those wanting a Texas State update, I called today and Irene said they emailed some people acceptance letters this morning. I'm assuming I'm on the waitlist but haven't heard a peep from them sooooo....I wait.

Got into Texas Woman's! YAY! I will be attending! The only other school I would consider going to if I got off the wait-list would be UNT. They have a summer start which is June 3rd..... SO SOON! Any one else doing summer start for TWU?

Fellow Texans... I need your help!!  :( I have been accepted to a great program (out-of-state) and after crunching the numbers total tuition is going to cost me around 80,000.  :blink:  I started second guessing my decision and whether or not this is the right move. As of this past week I have been accepted off the wait list to UNT and Texas Tech. I am not from Texas and therefore don't have as much in depth knowledge about either one of these. Does one have a better reputation than another? Do you guys recommend either of these? Thank youuu!!