Waitlisters and Unfundeds - Anyone hear back yet?

Also on a waitlist and haven't heard back.  Although I'm losing my mind and powers of concentration, I do understand why people might be taking long time to decide: humans tend to get paralyzed when faced with important decisions that requires parsing complex information.  

I do wish that these decisions were a bit more forthcoming- especially the ones I'm interested in, of course!

In the meanwhile, I feel like I should go participate in some sort of study about the neurological consequences of stress for prolonged periods of uncertain duration. If you put me in an MRI machine right now, the machine would probably just spit back a picture of a mushroom cloud.

School already told me I will hear mid to late April... though that hasn't stopped me from obsessively hoping the email/phone call will arrive sooner.  

They also haven't rejected anyone (according to the board) so part of me is wondering if everyone got a blast waitlist email... 

I keep thinking of this... 

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/challengesdemotivator.jpg

...and knowing that the job market will probably feel worse :(

School already told me I will hear mid to late April... though that hasn't stopped me from obsessively hoping the email/phone call will arrive sooner.  

They also haven't rejected anyone (according to the board) so part of me is wondering if everyone got a blast waitlist email... 

I keep thinking of this... 

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/challengesdemotivator.jpg

...and knowing that the job market will probably feel worse :(

My pain should be over within 5-6 days. I got rejected off of one waitlist already and what made it terrible was that I was rejected after I sent a follow up email and the response provided by the DGS clearly demonstrated that people on the waitlist were forgotten about. If I hadn't sent that email, then I would still be waiting around. Very professional...

I'm sure for some, it's a matter of being paralyzed in the face of a major decision or waiting on the possibility that they'll get off the wait list at their top choice.  Some schools (e.g. Wisconsin), however, just held their visitations last weekend, which slows down the decision process for all of the other schools where their prospectives were accepted.

It seems strange to me to hold the visitation more than 2 months after students were accepted, especially considering that so many of us just want to have closure and start planning the next 5-6 years of our lives by this point in the process.  I guess it's really important to the faculty at Madison that prospectives see the campus when the temperature is in the high 30s instead of the mid 30s.

I have not heard back yet and I am still in awe that some people who have had at least 7 weeks to make decisions are still undecided. I wish I had that luxury.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my comment! Sorry if I did.  I realize that it is a tough decision and I by no means want to rush anyone (though the 15th is only a few days away).

I didn't realize that some schools did not have their visitations yet or held them very late. Thanks for the info. 

I'm sure for some, it's a matter of being paralyzed in the face of a major decision or waiting on the possibility that they'll get off the wait list at their top choice.  Some schools (e.g. Wisconsin), however, just held their visitations last weekend, which slows down the decision process for all of the other schools where their prospectives were accepted.

It seems strange to me to hold the visitation more than 2 months after students were accepted, especially considering that so many of us just want to have closure and start planning the next 5-6 years of our lives by this point in the process.  I guess it's really important to the faculty at Madison that prospectives see the campus when the temperature is in the high 30s instead of the mid 30s.

I wasn't offended :) Plus I think nobody would blame you for the intense anxiety and stress that I'm sure you're feeling in your situation.

I formally declined my other offer three weeks ago, but a few other prospectives at the visits I attended had last-minute recruitment weekends.

Still haven't heard back on funding... anyone hear of getting offers in the 15th?

I think most of the "action" will take place tomorrow and the 16th. The likelihood of any news we hear being good is slim, so prepare yourself. 

I think most of the "action" will take place tomorrow and the 16th. The likelihood of any news we hear being good is slim, so prepare yourself. 

What anxiousphd said. Since it sounds like GW is trying to figure out the financial situation before they can offer you money, they might not know that until the end of the day tomorrow.  Then, add in some time for them to be able to act on the information, and you're looking at late in the day on the 15th or the 16th.

What anxiousphd said. Since it sounds like GW is trying to figure out the financial situation before they can offer you money, they might not know that until the end of the day tomorrow.  Then, add in some time for them to be able to act on the information, and you're looking at late in the day on the 15th or the 16th.

Yes.  My waitlist notification said they were unlikely to know until "mid to late April."  Not a specific date, just  "late April..." so it could be a week or two beyond the 16th.  I've heard people mention the same thing for other schools (not GWU specifically), that people wait listed for funding or admission/funding will not hear until AFTER the 15th.  Even late in the day on the 16th seems too optimistic to me in terms of bureaucratic effectiveness :/  Ugh, I hear you brandnewtothis, I am just ready for this to be over :(.