Anyone heard from wait-listed schools yet?

Just curious, but has anyone heard back from schools they were wait-listed for? Since the deadline was April 15th for most decisions, just wondering as to when those of us put on wait-list would hear back. Thanks and good luck!

Waitlists could go well into the summer for some schools. In truth, schools have been taking people off the waitlist from April 15- August in the past. So, there's really no way to know. It's dependent on school deadlines (the later the deadline, the later you'd hear from the school and vice versa) and when people decide to accept or reject their seats. There is no 1 day where all schools accept people from the waitlist, unfortunately. And so.. the waiting continues- into the summer. Hopefully sooner.

Thank you for starting this thread! I'm still waiting on UBC for Audiology. In the letter that I recieved it said that most spots open up in mid-late April and most people find out then. After that, they keep the list open until late August. I have spoken with people who got in from the wait list in April and some in July, so all we can do is keep waiting...hopefully not for much longer :).

I was accepted off of the waitlist from Northeastern this past Friday (the 12th). They are mailing an "official letter" that will contain my deadline for accepting admission. Still waiting on George Washington University's waitlist, but I have also accepted my offer at Florida State.

Oh wow! Well looks like we'll be waiting for a while then! Thanks though!

SLP1990 I'm waiting for GWU too and I was reading earlier that someone got accepted off the wait-list earlier today, but congrats on Florida State!

It sounds like timing really varies by school. You might contact the programs you're waiting on and see if you can get any information :) I was notified by Vanderbilt today that they have filled all of their spots and did not pull anyone from the wait list. It was a bummer, but I saw it coming and am super excited about heading to UTD in the fall! Congrats to everyone accepted off a wait list so far, and good luck to everyone still waiting!

At this point, I've gotten in everywhere I've been wait listed. I'm declining those offers though

MakinChoices, do you mind telling what offers you declined to give us some hope? :)

I'm am trying SO HARD to be positive about being waitlisted.... It's difficult. I just want to scream PICK MEEEEE! Sounds like an appropriate strategy to me. This is after being waitlisted last year. I can only hope it will bring me good news! I'm happy for everyone else that is getting off of these lists! It gives me hope. :)

Of the five places I've been waitlisted so far, I've heard from none. I have also heard stories of people being accepted off the waitlists as close as one or two weeks before the start of the school year. Eek!

Thanks, MakinChoices. It definitely helps to know that. I'm still trying to figure out the logic of the schools that don't give an expiration date on their offers. UT Dallas is one of them. How will they know when to tell the waitlisters to stop waiting (I wonder)?   :unsure: