Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

I'm still confused how one Norway applicant heard at the end of March and the rest are still waiting?

Yes, this is when one may start to speculate that just perhaps that one person is lying.

I'm going to be like this when/if I get an acceptance letter next week:

cake.png

HAHA I think I'm gonna react like this whether I get accepted or not...

Yes, this is when one may start to speculate that just perhaps that one person is lying.

I honestly don't understand the motivation in any way, but as a Norway applicant I was very confused also.

Does anyone have anymore news on when India applicants will hear? The last 2 year's notification dates were in March. Its hard to concentrate on my thesis with all this anticipation! 

Hi india_applicant: I understand your situation completely. I can't think of anything else. USIEF informed another applicant that they should go out by the end of this week. Are you an ETA or Research? 

Hi india_applicant: I understand your situation completely. I can't think of anything else. USIEF informed another applicant that they should go out by the end of this week. Are you an ETA or Research? 

Thank you! I am a research applicant. I hope we do find out this week, I have a job offer I have been putting off telling them my decision and I need to know about fulbright soon! 

Congrats to the India grantees! I'm sorry to those who didn't get it. Another door closes, as you know, another door opens. - Who knows - maybe you'll reapply next year and the door will reopen again.

Heard back from Laos today. Bittersweet, I'm an alternate. My Fulbright adviser forwarded me the email and the status was in the headline like this: Fulbright Application Status (A)

Chok Dee I hope you get it!!!

I will definitely hope for the best and that I'm removed from the alternate list by Friday, but I understand it's rare. However, this is okay with me, since I still have Thailand in line for me.

I'll still be lurking around and inform everyone of my final decision.

Edited by starlettmimi

Has anyone noticed that a Chile applicant updated their status to accepted? Makes me wonder if South America will be sending out notifications this week! O_o

Yes, and a friend of mine also learned that she got a research Fulbright grant to Chile! I think she heard this past Friday. I'm waiting on Peru-- what about you? So far we have Mexico and Chile, ya? I am feeling good things about South + Central America sending out notifications soon. Sending good vibes your way!

Congrats to the India grantees!

Heard back from Laos today. Bittersweet, I'm an alternate. My Fulbright adviser forwarded me the email and the status was in the headline like this: Fulbright Application Status (A)

I will definitely hope for the best and that I'm removed from the alternate list by Friday, but I understand it's rare. However, this is okay with me, since I still have Thailand in line for me.

I'll still be lurking around and inform everyone of my final decision.

Congratulations :) Welcome to the alternates club.

Why is Friday the "deadline" for you to be bumped up?

Congratulations :) Welcome to the alternates club.

Why is Friday the "deadline" for you to be bumped up?

YAY! That's a congratulations I don't often hear, but I'll take it. Oh, lol I wish I could be bumped up on the list. I was selected to teach at the university level in Thailand as well. It's a corps position sponosored by Grinnell College and very similar. It's my backup plan, but I have to accept by Friday at noon, according to my Fulbright adviser. I don't blame him though since I've asked him to extend it since Spring Break.

YAY! That's a congratulations I don't often hear, but I'll take it. Oh, lol I wish I could be bumped up on the list. I was selected to teach at the university level in Thailand as well. It's a corps position sponosored by Grinnell College and very similar. It's my backup plan, but I have to accept by Friday at noon, according to my Fulbright adviser. I don't blame him though since I've asked him to extend it since Spring Break.

You deserve the congratulations to even get to this point!

The opportunity in Thailand sounds amazing!! I guess worse comes to worse, you can accept the position Friday and maybe re-apply for Laos (although I can understand if you are just over this whole application process at the moment).

You deserve the congratulations to even get to this point!

The opportunity in Thailand sounds amazing!! I guess worse comes to worse, you can accept the position Friday and maybe re-apply for Laos (although I can understand if you are just over this whole application process at the moment).

:) Thanks. All the positivism is much appreciated. Yeah, when I think about it, it was such a long journey in applying for the Fulbright. I would love the opportunity to apply again and maybe I will reconsider as well. I was studying abroad off campus when applied, so it was almost like I applied at-large.

I got it! I can't even type I'm so excited. 

Congrats to you and everyone else who got India fulbright!!! That's going to be such an amazing experience! I've always wanted to go to India!

I applied for research to Bangladesh and am still waiting.....fingers crossed any day now!

I just heard back and unfortunately was not selected for a fulbright to India. I wish everyone else the best of luck!! 

I was selected for Fulbright to India! FYI, there was no notification in the subject line.

I got it! I can't even type I'm so excited. 

OMG!!! Asia is cominggg!

Well we can hope! I'm sending some good vibes your way too! I applied for Brazil ETA. Did you apply ETA or research?

I applied for a research grant. Unfortunately, Peru has dropped from 12 grants when I applied to 8 in December to 5 as of a few weeks ago. Still optimistic, though!