Keep the Faith

Snowden12

Just a quick note on my past couple weeks that some of you might draw some hope from:

I applied for Public Policy, International Affairs, and Poli Sci programs at Texas' LBJ School, Texas A&M's Bush School (home state tuition), GW's Columbia and Elliott Schools, Michigan's Ford, and Harvard's JFK. I did this in hopes of getting into GW or Harvard with the Texas school's being my fall-back plans. Turns out I wasn't eligible for UT due to my international degree. So I was never considered. A&M rejected me a couple days ago. With those two out of the running, I was feeling pretty down about my other chances.

Sure enough, GW's Poli Sci program denied me last night. Down to the Elliott School (#7 in Foreign Policy rankings) and Harvard, I'd lost all hope. This morning, however, I woke to find the Elliott School said yes. Somehow a 30-something program (A&M) and fellow state school Texas said no to me, only to have the higher ranked GW say yes. I haven't heard back from Harvard or Ford yet but I'm encouraged.

The moral of the story: Don't get discouraged. I thought I was done for and was already scrambling for backup plans and work applications. I'm sure plenty of people are sweating it here. But I had plenty of cause too. Don't let it get you down. Just be patient and keep your head up. Mine is now.

Just a quick note on my past couple weeks that some of you might draw some hope from:

I applied for Public Policy, International Affairs, and Poli Sci programs at Texas' LBJ School, Texas A&M's Bush School (home state tuition), GW's Columbia and Elliott Schools, and Harvard's JFK. I did this in hopes of getting into GW or Harvard with the Texas school's being my fall-back plans. Turns out I wasn't eligible for UT due to my international degree. So I was never considered. A&M rejected me a couple days ago. With those two out of the running, I was feeling pretty down about my other chances.

Sure enough, GW's Poli Sci program denied me last night. Down to the Elliott School (#7 in Foreign Policy rankings) and Harvard, I'd lost all hope. This morning, however, I woke to find the Elliott School said yes. Somehow a 30-something program (A&M) and fellow state school Texas said no to me, only to have the higher ranked GW say yes. I haven't heard back from Harvard just yet but already I'm encouraged.

The moral of the story: Don't get discouraged. I thought I was done for and was already scrambling for backup plans and work applications. I'm sure plenty of people are sweating it here. But I had plenty of cause too. Don't let it get you down. Just be patient and keep your head up. Mine is now.

Woooow! first of all I want to congratulate on such a great admit!

Also, thank you for sharing! We sure love to hear that not everything is lost and some people might get that desired miracle! I am just hoping to join you in the miracle department :roll: as I am sure everyone else is!