Applying for Fall 2014

georgemckean

Big congrats to those accepted at Chicago!

I too am awaiting results for composition (and preparing myself for probable rejection)... what's the word, composers?

Someone got an interview at USC - that's huge, so congratulations to that person!

I'm also waiting and preparing myself for probable rejections. The hardest part for me now is keeping open that tiny sliver of hope just in case someone requests an interview. But the schools I have left have generally sent acceptances/interview requests in later Jan/early Feb, then rejections in mid-Feb, so I'd be shocked by good news at this point.

Good luck to everyone!

st 

Hi everyone!  First time posting here.  I see that someone was contacted for an interview by NYU on Feb. 3rd. If you're reading this - I'm wondering - who is your person of interest?  Did you apply for historical or ethno? 

Sending positive energy everyone reading this! 

So UChicago emailed me at midnight and I'm holding them responsible for my lack of sleep...

I'm gonna get my PhD!!!!!  :D  :D :D

Congratulations! I'm in my second year at UChicago (primarily theory) and I'm very happy with my choice. PM me if you'd like...otherwise, see you on visit day? :)

Congrats, music, on U Chicago! It seems like you'll have plenty of options when it comes time to choose. :) And of course, congrats to everyone else as well! 

Just heard back from Stony Brook -- good news! Anyone know anything about the community there? I live in Siberia, so I probably won't have a chance to visit before April 15, and I'd love to get a better idea of what it's like.

Good luck to everyone else waiting! I'm hoping that we'll all hear back from quite a few places this coming week.  

Any other UCLA, Columbia, and Harvard musicology applicants out there?

Harmonielehre, I applied to UCLA as well. I haven't heard anything yet, and when I check the decision status login it says that my decision is still pending. Have you heard anything?

Congrats, music, on U Chicago! It seems like you'll have plenty of options when it comes time to choose. :) And of course, congrats to everyone else as well! 

Just heard back from Stony Brook -- good news! Anyone know anything about the community there? I live in Siberia, so I probably won't have a chance to visit before April 15, and I'd love to get a better idea of what it's like.

Good luck to everyone else waiting! I'm hoping that we'll all hear back from quite a few places this coming week.  

Thanks, and huge congrats on Stony Brook!

Apparently an interview went out based on the results page... not entirely sure if that is necessarily bad sign though. I actually had an extended meeting with one of the faculty members in 2011. There are so many ways to spin scenarios in your head!

Congrats on the Northwestern interview! I haven't heard anything from them, so I'm expecting a rejection at this point.

I have however scored a Pitt interview! Anyone familiar with the area?

I did not go to Pitt, but I went to undergrad in the area. I loved living in Pittsburgh: lots of amenities, and ridiculously inexpensive rent, considering. If you have any specific questions, or would like some more detail, feel free to message me and I'll answer all that I can!

So an acceptance has been posted for both Harvard and Berkeley - should the rest of us be getting worried? Anybody like to tell us more about this? I applied to Harvard but not Berkeley and am still waiting (I'm an international student, if it makes any difference).

Still no sign of word from any Northern CA UC's for composition. I find it very hard to believe that they haven't sent out acceptances yet, but no one has posted an interview or acceptance. Anyone heard anything?

In other news, Yale sent me (mistakenly) an email with all the necessary info for their DMA entrance exams. Anyone else get one of those?

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!

Hi everyone I posted a few days ago asking about Harvard and Berkeley results. I've applied to 5 schools and I haven't heard from any of them yet. Has anybody else applied to Princeton or Cornell? Looking at the results from previous years, the acceptances and rejections have usually come out by now so is everything unusually slow this year? I'm an international applicant and this is my first time trying so I'm baffled by the whole thing. I've phoned a couple of admissions offices and they just give the standard line about results being posted in March which surely isn't true for acceptances?

Man, whoever got that email from Julia Wolfe, CONGRATS. That would make my day for sure. 

Can't believe there havebeen no composition application results posted for UC Berkeley or Davis yet. Hard to think they haven't already made their decisions. 

If anyone has heard of people getting interviewed/accepted into those programs, please share.

Good luck everyone,

st

I hope this week brings lots of acceptances for all of us! Waiting is pretty killer... It's been insanely cold where I am (about -23ºF) recently, so there has been little more for me to do besides check Grad Cafe (from the warmth and safety of my apartment) and hope for updates. Good luck to everyone!

Man, whoever got that email from Julia Wolfe, CONGRATS. That would make my day for sure. 

'Twas I, Sir Tom, and thank you. This was a bit of a special case, so those who haven't heard back don't lose heart; last year I was notified of acceptance to NYU around March 11-15. 

This is a particularly evil time of year.