2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

DirtyLabCoat you should really see this...

It's good news isn't it. We are going to find out if we are in or not in the new year - and don't have to obsessively refresh in the next couple of days. Unless cytokinestorm you have already received the interview invite and was asking her about the interview schedule...

I think cytostorm got theirs already

I received yesterday and invite by email from SysBio-Harvard.

Anyone knows about Chicago U-Genetics, Genomics and SysBio or from ColumbiaU-Integrated Program on Cellular, molecular and biomedical studies?

Not sure about Chicago U GGSB, but I know that Columbia Integrated CMBS has sent out at least some invites

Quick question, what's the most respectful way to decline an interview? Should I just say no thank you or should I provide a reason or what?

You don't have to state a reason; they will know you've applied to other places and will have other interviews. You can say something to the effect of, 

"Dear ____________,

Thank you for consideration of my application and for the invitation to interview for your program. Unfortunately, I will be unable to accept the invitation.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

____________"

If somehow they ask why, you can simply say you are unavailable that weekend. Some schools have alternate weekends or times for interviews that aren't listed, but odds are, they'll get the idea that you don't want to go to the interview.

DirtyLabCoat you should really see this...

It's good news isn't it. We are going to find out if we are in or not in the new year - and don't have to obsessively refresh in the next couple of days. Unless cytokinestorm you have already received the interview invite and was asking her about the interview schedule...

It was about booking the flight... :/

But, they said to accept/reject the invite by Jan 1st, so maybe they will send out a second round of invites if some people decline

Edited by cytokinestorm

Not sure about Chicago U GGSB, but I know that Columbia Integrated CMBS has sent out at least some invites

Thanks. I am also waiting for the BU-Bioinformatics, but I have not seen any invite to that one in the results yet

I believe Harvard BBS only sends out one batch of interview invitations. There may be a few stragglers, but that number is a very small percentage compared to those sent yesterday.  To those who were not, commiserations. I am sure you will get into other brilliant graduate programs and wish you the best in your graduate career. To those who were invited, congratulations! I look forward to meeting some of you when you interview in February.

I'm wondering if adcom meeting dates have changed since last year for some programs. Weill Cornell Immuno+Microbial Path has been completely quiet and I have seen no one post anything in the results section yet

I would not be surprised if adcom meeting dates shift. Harvard BBS traditionally meets after the new year, but this year it was moved up to mid-December. It kind of depends on what the administration decides is best for the given year.

I'm wondering if adcom meeting dates have changed since last year for some programs. Weill Cornell Immuno+Microbial Path has been completely quiet and I have seen no one post anything in the results section yet

I emailed Weill Cornell weeks ago, their reply was they are mostly likely be sending out invites sometime in Jan.

btw which Harvard immunology did you apply to? The one in DMS or the other? Cause it now seems to me that my app to DMS immuno is officially dead based on what cytokinestorm just said T-T.

Edited by lengtq

I emailed Weill Cornell weeks ago, their reply was they are mostly likely be sending out invites sometime in Jan.

btw which Harvard immune did you apply to? The one in DMS or the other? Cause it now seems to me that my app to DMS immuno is officially dead based on what cytokinestorm just said T-T

I did DMS...oh well!! 2 of my top choices are actually yours too, Stanford Micro and Immuno, Weill IMP!!!! Hopefully we get those!!!!

I did DMS...oh well!! 2 of my top choices are actually yours too, Stanford Micro and Immuno, Weill IMP!!!! Hopefully we get those!!!!

Fingers crossed!! Since they both send out invites in Jan so I believe we can now chill, read a book or watch some tv as pstar suggested lol (and put harvard behind, like forever)

I wonder if we will see many invites tomorrow as well.  Most of the professors I know are planning on coming on Mon/Tues, then taking Christmas-New Year off.  And the next two days are business as usual for the office staff here, too.

I wonder if we will see many invites tomorrow as well.  Most of the professors I know are planning on coming on Mon/Tues, then taking Christmas-New Year off.  And the next two days are business as usual for the office staff here, too.

we can only hope

Yeah, my (public school) has Wednesday - Friday as university holidays, but a lot of people (incl. 3/4 of my lab) are taking off Monday and Tuesday, too, to have a long vacation.  So who knows what the admission committees will do.

Edited by Leuco

Anyone on here apply to Emory's MMG (Micro/Molecular Genetics) program within GDBBS?

I am starting to get very nervous, with all these other divisions sending out invites, and was wondering if I had any fellow applicants. :P

I applied but haven't hear back yet! Keep this updated if you do and I'll do the same!  It's my top choice.

I received yesterday and invite by email from SysBio-Harvard.

Anyone knows about Chicago U-Genetics, Genomics and SysBio or from ColumbiaU-Integrated Program on Cellular, molecular and biomedical studies?

I believe Harvard BBS only sends out one batch of interview invitations. There may be a few stragglers, but that number is a very small percentage compared to those sent yesterday.  To those who were not, commiserations. I am sure you will get into other brilliant graduate programs and wish you the best in your graduate career. To those who were invited, congratulations! I look forward to meeting some of you when you interview in February.

I am freaking out! How about Harvard SysBio? Do they release the results at once? :(((((

I wonder does anyone hear from Yale's CCB, Michigan's CCMB , UCLA's Bioinformatics, and Berkeley's Computational Biology?

Edited by compbio

I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to actually post.  I got an interview at UT Austin a little over a week ago, UT GSBS Thursday, Emory Thursday, and Yale yesterday.  I was really worried that my major GPA would somehow automatically disqualify me, but I'm breathing a lot easier now.  Good luck everyone!

Did you submit your UT Houston GSBS app before the 12/1 deadline? Mine was delayed until the 6th because of an Embark error preventing a recommender from uploading their letter, so I think I got put in the "regular" pile and not the "early". :-/

Anyone know about Yale micro invites

Looks like only 1 person on the Results Page so far has posted a Yale micro invite.

If I were you, I would give the office a quick call and ask them whether all invites have been sent! Here's the number I found for the Yale BBS micro track: 203-737-1087.

Good luck!