2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Just for the record (I haven't seen mistakes here...but there are several on the results page) there are two very different schools:  the University of Washington (UW - in Seattle) and there is Washington University in St. Louis (WashU - in St. Louis). If you go to either of these interviews, I highly recommend you use the correct name during the visit. There were people here who made the mistake last year during interviews...and it did not go over well...

Peace and best wishes!

~glow

I applied to MMG, within the BMS gateway.  I got a phone call last Wednesday, and evidentally an email then, too, haha.

Same here! I'm nervous about the weekend, especially since we have to give a presentation!!

To those wondering about EEB programs, some of them (e.g. Michigan State University) are emailing the first round of interview invites this week.

FYI If you applied to UMich EEB - invites won't be sent out until ~Jan 20, interview weekend Feb 13-15

(info from a potential PI who happens to be on the admissions committee this year)

Same here! I'm nervous about the weekend, especially since we have to give a presentation!!

I know - wasn't really expecting that!  We'll see! Good luck. :)

FYI If you applied to UMich EEB - invites won't be sent out until ~Jan 20, interview weekend Feb 13-15

(info from a potential PI who happens to be on the admissions committee this year)

So it's only going to be one weekend? I think that weekend conflicts with a few others :/

So it's only going to be one weekend? I think that weekend conflicts with a few others :/

I'm not really sure. Do you know what schools it conflicts with?

I think for most schools, if you can't make a weekend - you can come the following weekend and interview, etc.

Applied to:

Harvard DMS - BBS

Johns Hopkins (School of Public Health) - Molecular Microbiology and Immunology

University of Pitt - IBGP

UPenn - CAMB- MVP

Stanford - Micro

SDSU/UCSD - JDP - cell and molecular

Mt. Sinai - Micro

University of Washington - micro

Interviews at UPitt and Johns Hopkins so far.  I confirmed UPitt for weekend of Jan 24th. I haven't heard back from anywhere else yet.

Already there is a dilemma: Harvard's interview dates set as Feb 6-9th or Feb 27-Mar 2nd.  Stanford's is Feb 26th-Mar 2nd and Johns Hopkins(invited for interview) emailed me saying Feb 6-8th (with no suggestion of any other dates). Any advice or suggestions?

Best of luck!

From what I can tell, those going to UPitt to interview all have different dates they'll be there. They must either interview a lot of people or relatively few are at the weekends they do have.

Dang, your application deadline must have been early. EEB dept application deadline isn't until Jan 7.

I applied for MCB, but I think it's actually also due Jan 7th?  I turned it in early so I could have some peace of mind during the holidays.

Applied to:

Harvard DMS - BBS

Johns Hopkins (School of Public Health) - Molecular Microbiology and Immunology

University of Pitt - IBGP

UPenn - CAMB- MVP

Stanford - Micro

SDSU/UCSD - JDP - cell and molecular

Mt. Sinai - Micro

University of Washington - micro

Interviews at UPitt and Johns Hopkins so far.  I confirmed UPitt for weekend of Jan 24th. I haven't heard back from anywhere else yet.

Already there is a dilemma: Harvard's interview dates set as Feb 6-9th or Feb 27-Mar 2nd.  Stanford's is Feb 26th-Mar 2nd and Johns Hopkins(invited for interview) emailed me saying Feb 6-8th (with no suggestion of any other dates). Any advice or suggestions?

Best of luck!

I'd email Johns Hopkins back asking if they potentially have another interview date available. I also had two schools with conflicting dates but I contacted the school I hadn't already confirmed with letting them know about the conflict, and they were happy to switch me to another weekend.

Or you can wait a bit to see if you get rejected (hopefully not though!) from either Harvard or Stanford? The former is probably a better idea.

Yep..see you there..yea I submitted my apps during that time too so I'm glad that MSU was quick about interviews...have you started preparing for you the presentation?

No I haven't really started but I have some ppts from previous presentations so I'm just need to edit it all down to the bare bones and I think I'll be ready.

I'm going to have to do the same thing, but flying from Duke directly to Boston. Who is paying for your san diego--> boston flight? SD or BU? Trying to figure this out for myself at the moment.

I live kinda in the middle of the two cities, so I think I'm just going to let them both get me round trips. Also, my airport is a lot bigger than either SAN or BOS so I think it'll be cheaper for each of the schools to book flights to my airport than one way from SAN to BOS. Don't know where you are located in relation to RDU and BOS, so you could be in a completely different location.

So it's been a month since I turned in my UTSW application and still haven't heard anything....although it seems as if several others on here have gotten interviews already....sigh....it was one of the first apps I sent in, too.

UW (immunology) is another one that I feel like might be any day now.... *nervous* Seems like other UW depts. have started sending stuff out recently but not them yet so far as I can tell....

eep!

So it's been a month since I turned in my UTSW application and still haven't heard anything....although it seems as if several others on here have gotten interviews already....sigh....it was one of the first apps I sent in, too.

UW (immunology) is another one that I feel like might be any day now.... *nervous* Seems like other UW depts. have started sending stuff out recently but not them yet so far as I can tell....

eep!

Yeah uw is the next few days