You have offers- have you decided yet? POLL

GenderMediaGrad

For those of you with admissions offers, have you decided yet?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you with admissions offers, have you decided yet?

• Yes, I've decided-- I've formally accepted one offer and rejected any other offers.
    • Yes, I've decided but I haven't formally notified anyone yet.
    • No, not yet. All my notifications are in and I've formally rejected at least one offer but I'm still holding onto multiple offers.
    • No, not yet. All my notifications are in but I'm having trouble deciding!
    • No, not yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from at least one school before I can decide.

Loool i'm in the undecided mayority... However I have made my decission regarding programs that had already accepted me, I am just waiting to hear from the other ones before making this a formal decission! :P

Seems like Wait-Listed applicants still have a long way to go!

For those who have already heard back from their top choices (including funding), it'd be nice to decline offers from your "safety" schools... Visiting and deliberating the pro/con of each school are crucial, but once you have a clear decision, it's time to drop the other sweet offers :D

Seems like Wait-Listed applicants still have a long way to go!

Here, here! Can polls be modified? Can you add a "I am on a waitlist for my #1 choice and am holding out for that" or "Being on a waitlist is throwing off my whole decision-making process." option?

I've made up my mind and 'unofficially' accepted, but I'm still waiting for funding - I've been told what my offer would be based on last year's incoming class, but nothing official on paper with all of the dollar signs and stuff. With the whole graduate school staff being out for spring break last week, it's taking a while.

The second that offer is in my hands, I'm sending out the official notice :)

I'm about 90% sure that I've made up my mind, but the program in question hasn't officially offered me admission despite the fact that I first heard of their interest in me on 19 January! Yesterday I couldn't stand it any longer and sent an email to the department secretary basically saying, 'I'll accept you if you accept me!' Getting a bit anxious waiting to hear back, but whatever...it shouldn't take more than a few days.

I'm actually in-between two of those categories. All of my responses have come in, I'm about 95% sure I will be choosing Brandeis, but I would still like to see Illinois' funding offer, and of course, I am going to visit Brandeis in person before I make a final decision (I'm flying out in a couple of weeks).

Waiting on $ from the two schools I'm in at. Losing interest rapidly in the school I'm waitlisted at. Still one more school I haven't heard from at all... and I'm nervous as hell because people started getting accepts in the mail yesterday (Saturday)!! :shock:

I have accepted the one offer I have - haven't heard from the second yet, which really doesn't much matter, since I'm not considering it. Still, it would be nice to know.... I saw that someone here got word of acceptance into the same program on Friday.....so I'm guessing it is a good thing I don't want to go there :)

I'd heard back from 5 of 7 schools as of last Thursday (4 offers), and realized one of them was the place to be even though I hadn't visited or spoken much to people from one school that accepted me, and even though I STILL haven't heard back from two. So I decided and sent in my acceptance on Friday. I was really shocked by how easy a choice it turned out to be, and don't think I'll second-guess it when I heard back from the others.

It might be a bit silly, but at every school that's accepted me I'm trying to figure out who I'd be working with and what they'd want me to be doing, so it's taking a lot longer to figure anything out. It seems that a lot of people and schools expect folks to just decide based on the school and the program without actually contacting the faculty members the person expects to work with... some of my programs have been very good about hooking me up with the people who were interested in working with me and others have been pretty atrocious.

There's probably two offers I should just let go at this point as I've found someone at one of the schools who I want to work with, so the rest can go take a hike if they want to continue to be troublesome...

I mean you'd think most schools would be able to easily point you at the faculty member(s) interested in your app, but I guess admissions doesn't work like that in some places. Unfortunate. I suppose by the time I've added a potential future advisor to my buddy list on my IM client I probably know enough to rule out some of the schools that accepted me. :-P

(Oh and a question... I know it's important to let schools know as soon as possible that you probably won't go there if you have a funding offers outstanding, but if they didn't offer you funding how important to let them know that quickly? Seems like the answer would be "less" but how much less?)

I'm about 90% sure that I've made up my mind, but the program in question hasn't officially offered me admission despite the fact that I first heard of their interest in me on 19 January! Yesterday I couldn't stand it any longer and sent an email to the department secretary basically saying, 'I'll accept you if you accept me!' Getting a bit anxious waiting to hear back, but whatever...it shouldn't take more than a few days.

Never mind. Abrupt last-minute rejection from out of nowhere. I have no idea what I'm going to do now. Back to the proverbial drawing-board.

Never mind. Abrupt last-minute rejection from out of nowhere. I have no idea what I'm going to do now. Back to the proverbial drawing-board.

Sorry to hear that, psycholinguist! At least you have other offers on the table...hoping you are feeling excited about at least one of those!

Sorry to hear that, psycholinguist! At least you have other offers on the table...hoping you are feeling excited about at least one of those!

Thanks, socialpsych! UCSD is looking unlikely because they can't give me as much as a penny, but now that the utter shock of the completely unexpected rejection from the place where I'd decided to go has passed, I'm starting to warm up to Waterloo. It was originally my safety-school, and as a result, I never really thought about it. Heh. I think the program would be much better than I had ever considered. Heck, the guy I said I wanted to work with there has research-interests that match mine almost frighteningly well. That's not such a bad thing, is it? * grins *