Okay ... SoP done... but I have a question!!!!!!

As far as what kind of paper to print it out... is it supposed to be on letterhead, or plain paper?  I can't find anything that states how to present it.

Any suggestions?

Are you submitting a paper application? I thought that it would be online.

If paper, I would recommend plain paper. I don't think that letterhead is necessary. If you want to get fancy, maybe use a slightly thicker paper?

Yeah for the department, it's an application packet, so it's all paper.  It's a written application, plus the LoRs, and the SoP, unofficial copies of transcripts, and resume. 

So just plain paper?  What about heading?  Should I put my name and "Statement of Purpose" at the top?

I wouldn't use a letterhead, but I guess if you are submitting a paper application, it's worth it to invest in a pack of "nicer" paper (the stuff you usually print resumes/CVs on) for all your application materials. In your shoes, I would print everything on the same paper though!

As for headings, even for electronic applications, I always included my name, the program I'm applying to, and an application ID number (if one was assigned to me) at the top (in the "header" margin) of every single page. I do this partly out of paranoia that the page would be lost/separated from the rest of the package (even though for an electronic application, it would be easy to find it again) and also so that any reader can just glance at the top to be reminded of my name if they see something they like!

I only put headings like "Statement of Purpose" in the top section if there are multiple narratives to submit. But, if it is just a CV and SoP, then it's pretty clear which is which so I didn't label them such. However, some schools wanted a SoP, a personal statement, a list of courses, a list of awards etc. so then I labelled everything.

I found a nice, respectable paper... printed the department application, resume, statement of purpose, etc., all on the same paper.  It looks good.  :)

Thanks for all of your input!! It was very helpful. 

With 75 days to go until I submit my application... jumping on the GRE studying wagon.  :)

Make sure you put your name and the program you're applying to at the top! No need for letter heads or fancy stuff.

It's all done.  :)   Printed on nice paper, no letter head, and just my name, department in top corner.

Hehehe I can't believe I didn't think of that!  Updating my documents now =)

Would that only be for the SoP?  It's only just over a page, and well, the rest of my application is the 1 page app, 1 page resume, unofficial transcripts, and the sealed LoRs..