Fall 2014 Season

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard from Rutgers yet? It looks like their notifications tend to go out later than other schools, but the silence is killing me. 

I am feeling the same. It has been 3 months since I have submitted my application.

Are you applying to an engineering program ?

Got and admit for MS in CS at Rutgers New Brunswick/Piscataway. Decision communicated via mail on 25th March'14.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I am applying to grad school programs this coming academic year and was wondering if anyone had any advice for applying to the following programs: Kent, Leicester, Brandeis, U Alberta, and McMaster. 

I would like to start preparing personal statements and my writing sample early! 

Thanks =]

• 2 months later...

I'm going to apologize, because it is very possible that I am now one of the people holding you up (although I hope not). I too was waitlisted for funding at UC-Boulder, but I was just informed yesterday that I've been offered a teaching assistantship. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to accept the offer until fairly late, as I'm still waiting to hear back from several places, both about decisions and funding. At the moment, UC-Boulder is my only funded offer of acceptance, so I will be accepting if I do not hear from elsewhere by the April 15th deadline.

I will second your reminder to everyone who has been accepted and either knows for sure where they are going to attend or has decided that a certain program is out of the running, that they please inform the program they know they will not be attending about their decision to decline! In my case I was also accepted to the FSU MA program and am waiting to hear about funding, so please for anyone who is sitting on a funded offer at FSU and knows they will not be going, let the program know as soon as possible. I heard from the director of graduate admissions that they have so far only had one acceptance of funded offers and no declines, and so funding for everyone waiting remains up in the air.

Hey! I received a funding package soon after my first post and never checked back on here. Looks like I'll be seeing you at Boulder in the Fall!! I'm so nervous - I'm trying to prepare as much as possible. Did you know what classes you're taking?

Hey! I received a funding package soon after my first post and never checked back on here. Looks like I'll be seeing you at Boulder in the Fall!! I'm so nervous - I'm trying to prepare as much as possible. Did you know what classes you're taking?

I'm so glad to hear everything worked out for you as well! Congratulations! :) It's kind of nice to have someone else on here going to Boulder, too!

So far I'm enrolled in three classes: Topics in Latin Poetry (LATN 5044), Topics in Art and Archaeology (CLAS 5169), and The Roman Republic (CLAS 5081). Have you enrolled in classes yet? I'm super excited, but I definitely understand feeling nervous! 

• 1 month later...

Hi! I have narrowed down my choices to McMaster, UPenn's Art and Archaeology of the Mediterranean World doctoral program, and Arizona. Has anyone applied to these places and was successful? Any tips for practicing for the GRE?