Fall 2014 Season

I did. He called me to invite me to their visit weekend in March. He didn't mention anything about an interview beforehand, just that they'd like me to come.

For Classics or one of the interdepartmental programs?

I did. He called me to invite me to their visit weekend in March. He didn't mention anything about an interview beforehand, just that they'd like me to come.

Thanks for the info.

For Classics or one of the interdepartmental programs?

I applied to the Classics side of the Program in Ancient Philosophy, FWIW. I believe my application is evaluated with the rest of the Classics applications.

Michigan people - anyone else applied IPCAA? I had a skype interview with them earlier this week, but nothing about a recruitment weekend was mentioned. This could be because I'm international, but interested about this one...

Hey Marce- I applied to IPCAA. I got an email last week inviting me to the recruitment weekend.

Hey Marce- I applied to IPCAA. I got an email last week inviting me to the recruitment weekend.

So are you american?

I see there being two possibilities:

1. They don't want to pay for internationals to come without a pre-interview.

2. They aren't having internationals come at all.

3. They had a 'bottom shortlist' on which they interview people prior to potential invites.

So are you american?

3. They had a 'bottom shortlist' on which they interview people prior to potential invites.

Yup, I am an American. Good luck!

So are you american?

Hi Marcus Tullius,

I haven't applied to Michigan, but from my own experience when programs have long interview week-ends (which they usually call 'visiting week ends' or something of the sort in an attempt to make them sound less scary), they do fly in all applicants, international or not. Of course Michigan may be doing things differently; I am only speaking from my experience as an international student applying to other top classics and classical archaeology programs :)

Edit: Very best of luck to all of you applying to Michigan!!! It looks like a wonderful program

Edited by Melian4

At least according to them, they are only flying in a few people from their shortlist, but that everyone on the shortlist is still in consideration.  Presumably, however, the people they fly in are those they are most impressed with from the short list.

Hey guys, this is my first post!

I have been accepted to UGA(MA classics). I am still waiting to hear back from Washington (MA), CU-Boulder (MA), Toronto (applied for both an MA in classics and an MA in history), and Catholic University of America (MA-PhD). 

Anyone have any hints on when these schools usually send out responses? I've noticed some people on here have already heard back from Washington. Should I count that as a no then?

You may not have seen the results board (it took me a while to notice it up there when I first found gradcafe), but it doesn't have any posts for CU-Boulder classics yet this year.  There have been a couple of Toronto classics PhD admits, but no MAs.  As for Washington, if you mean WUSTL, it does look like they've sent out first-round acceptances.  And I don't think there are any posts for Greek and Latin at Catholic at all, unless I'm overlooking a possible search term.  I think it's probably too early to write off any of those schools yet, since spots may open up as waitlists are created and people decline offers.  Congrats on Georgia, and good luck on the others!

Thanks Petros! I never knew the results board existed and that is extremely helpful! I was talking about Seattle, so it sounds like no one has heard back.

Also, looks like we got into Georgia together! I thought about applying to Kentucky to but didn't like the campus. I was to scared to apply to Notre Dame. Good luck on funding!

Nevikevin, glad it was helpful!  Good luck to you as well.  I've heard UGA can announce funding pretty late, so we'll see.

Speaking of Notre Dame, has anyone heard anything from them? I see on the results board that they have informed around this time in previous years. Having already heard from two of my programs, I find that I'm even more anxious to hear from the rest!

Haven't heard a peep.  And I feel the same way.

Same, nor from NYU.  I also haven't heard anything at all from UPenn, but I applied to Ancient History and not Classical Studies.  Not sure whether interviews got sent out at the same time for Ancient History as for Classical Studies.