Fall 2014 Season

Does anyone know anything about Brandeis University? I am really interested in working with one of the archaeologists there, and I like that it is a research program. I am curious about assistantships, the difference between applying to a research program vs. course-based (pros and cons), what to expect when applying to research program vs. a course-based one - things of that nature. 

Also, if I get into an MA program that does not require the GRE, will I still have to take the GRE if I come back to the United States for my PhD? 

Penn's committee has met, or so I've heard. Good luck everyone! 

Yeah.  I didn't apply there, but a few of my friends were invited to do Skype interviews. 

Congrats to everyone hearing good news! I received an email from my POI at Stanford, asking a bit about my research. I suppose that's a good sign?

Otherwise, this wait is killing me.

Congrats to everyone hearing good news! I received an email from my POI at Stanford, asking a bit about my research. I suppose that's a good sign?

Definitely a good sign -- congrats! And good luck with Stanford!

Haha, sorry for accidentally calling you out on not posting results, Starbuck... I thought you just had insider information or something; didn't realize you were an admit. Huge congratulations on UC-B!

Janeiro, is that you who reported "interview view email" on results?

I agree with Frucifera on the wording of "interview via email."

Hnurgh, heard back from a POI who nicely told me, "I read your application.  Looks great.  Except you're gonna get screwed by Greek, you know that, right?  Adcom's not going to like the fact that you only have two years."  Oh well.  Whoosh go my hopes!

(But really...I do western medieval.  I know I only had two years of Greek, but I was still holding out hope based on the fact that I've been taking graduate level courses in Latin since I was a junior in college.  Time for a post-bacc, I guess?)

I agree with Frucifera on the wording of "interview via email."

Hnurgh, heard back from a POI who nicely told me, "I read your application.  Looks great.  Except you're gonna get screwed by Greek, you know that, right?  Adcom's not going to like the fact that you only have two years."  Oh well.  Whoosh go my hopes!

(But really...I do western medieval.  I know I only had two years of Greek, but I was still holding out hope based on the fact that I've been taking graduate level courses in Latin since I was a junior in college.  Time for a post-bacc, I guess?)

Oh wow! Well, at least it was a half-compliment! :)