MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I emailed SAIC regarding their timeline for painting applicants, she said that we should hear back within the next few weeks

University of Victoria said applicants should hear back for first round applicants end of february 

Pacific Northwest College of art said very soon (hopefully very soon is sooner than than the soon i am hoping for )

Wow the suspense guys it sure is horrible!

#suspense

RISD-

RCA-rejected (painting)

SAIC-

University of Washington-

Pacific Northwest College of Art-

University of Victoria-

University of Miami(FL)-

Has anyone heard from Cranbrook? 

I had my phone interview last Tuesday but I haven't heard anything since then. Apparently there is a second interview, in-person. This is for Photo specifically. Not sure about the other concentrations. 

Edited by catawampus

It seems like last year people heard from UCLA somewhere between the 10th-15th of March (apart from phone calls from faculty). I don't know when people got interview (Skype) requests from USC, but the interviews themselves were around March 8th and rejections were reported around the 23rd. So not for a while yet.

I received a call this morning from Catherine Opie for a request of interview!

But I am a bit confused: so 10-15th. March is the final decision period right? Or some applicants will get acceptance directly? Without interviews? Thank you!

But I am a bit confused: so 10-15th. March is the final decision period right? Or some applicants will get acceptance directly? Without interviews? Thank you!

Whoa! Yay! Good luck!

I'm surprised I didn't think UCLA did interviews? 

Good luck! 

That's awesome, very exciting, congrats! According to last year's results, final acceptances were around March 10th-15th even when there were phone interviews. My impression is that getting an interview is a very good sign! As far as I've been able to ascertain, there is no evidence - at least on this forum anyway - of rejections after a phone interview with a faculty member. Fingers crossed, best of luck!

I'm surprised I didn't think UCLA did interviews? 

Good luck! 

Officially they don't, but faculty does sometimes (maybe often?) call.

Waitlisted at Alfred :(

I've got one more to go but now I'm seriously reorganizing my plans in case I need to reapply next yer. I will deffinitely have to apply to many more programs! And I'll probably start applying to residencies as well.

Waitlisted at Alfred :(

I've got one more to go but now I'm seriously reorganizing my plans in case I need to reapply next yer. I will deffinitely have to apply to many more programs! And I'll probably start applying to residencies as well.

Don't give up! you should definetly ask them how many are on the wait list, to give yourself some idea. Personally I see this whole thing as a positive process. If you have to apply next year, you definetly will have more experience and more confident in knowing what you are doing. You can do it! :)

That's awesome, very exciting, congrats! According to last year's results, final acceptances were around March 10th-15th even when there were phone interviews. My impression is that getting an interview is a very good sign! As far as I've been able to ascertain, there is no evidence - at least on this forum anyway - of rejections after a phone interview with a faculty member. Fingers crossed, best of luck!

Thank you Kafralal! I will keep your words during the interview in the future couple days and update about what's going on with it.

Officially they don't, but faculty does sometimes (maybe often?) call.

There isn't a phone interview as a requirement but I think it would be very in-formal, based on her voice tone.

That is what I was told from the grads I spoke with when I visited- an informal phone call and possibly a second one as well (if they are interested).

Don't give up! you should definetly ask them how many are on the wait list, to give yourself some idea. Personally I see this whole thing as a positive process. If you have to apply next year, you definetly will have more experience and more confident in knowing what you are doing. You can do it! :)

Thanks a lot for the encouraging words JoJo! You're right, this is an opportunity to learn and have better, smarter applications next time. I wish you the best in your process!

That is what I was told from the grads I spoke with when I visited- an informal phone call and possibly a second one as well (if they are interested).

Thanks for the information. But A second one? Like two interviews? I didn't get it.

Thanks a lot for the encouraging words JoJo! You're right, this is an opportunity to learn and have better, smarter applications next time. I wish you the best in your process!

You never know what's the next step in your life. Keep making good stuff! Wish you could make it!

I meant a possible second phone call- not necessarily involving an interview per se ....

Yeah yeah that might happen. But seems to be a bit scary if I only got one call and no hear back for a while. Anyway, on the other side, that's the fun part of MFA application process! Good luck everyone!

Oh, was anyone else here applying to Ohio State?  I just got an email requesting additional financial aid information confirming if you will take 'tuition reimbursement and TA work' and how much.  Completely confusing since i haven't received any kind of admissions information yet.  

There is an option for 'I applied but have not heard back yet' so i guess thats what I will respond with. 

My brain is starting to feel like its melting… 

HI!

Did you fill out the fafsa form, Yellow Magnet?  

Cuz I got a similar form from them saying that additional documentation is required.  Unfortunately, it still says pending on my application status as well.

(I applied to painting and drawing.)

Edited by drusillatheteenagewitch

HI!

Did you fill out the fafsa form, Yellow Magnet?  

Cuz I got a similar form from them saying that additional documentation is required.  Unfortunately, it still says pending on my application status as well.

(I applied to painting and drawing.)

Yes, I filled out my fafsa and they have the most up to date information. 

My app status still says pending too. 

Samilk,

How did they contact you? Letter, phone or email? My friend was wait listed but ended up getting in. Hang in there!

Sareejane,

they sent me an email with an attached letter notifying me about this. They told me that they have several waitlisted applicats (didn't mention the exact number) without a specific order, and that if a vacancy is opened, the faculty staff will choose who to call. There's still a slight possibility! But I'd rather keep my feet down on earth and start working on my plan B, which is going part-time and applying to residencies.

Shaoceptual

I really appreciate your comment!

I think that being rejected is a sign that actually I have to make better work haha! It's just something hard to accept at the beginning, but at the end it should become a motivation to improve as an artist.

Edited by samilk

Has anyone heard from Columbia college in Chicago?

I applied to their Interdisciplinary Book + Paper MFA, but haven't heard anything yet.  They did send an email saying my file was complete and that I would be notified of the application decision 6-8 weeks after the program deadline.