MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Hey guys, Anyone knows anything about the MFA graphics program at University of Wisconsin Madison?

I know they are # 2 for printmaking, and something like # 18 for fine arts in general (Ranking isn't everything, I know) But does anyone have any experience or heard any thing about their graphic design program? 

I've trying to reach out to some of their grad students, or simply trying to find more on their website, but with no luck. 

Since this is my terminal degree, I really want to make the right decision.  Thanks! 

Does anyone have anything on this? :) 

Anyone heard back from UCLA or USC?

It seems like last year people heard from UCLA somewhere between the 10th-15th of March (apart from phone calls from faculty). I don't know when people got interview (Skype) requests from USC, but the interviews themselves were around March 8th and rejections were reported around the 23rd. So not for a while yet.

I'm so glad people are hearing back. I have yet to hear from any schools which concerns me, but I am trying to be as patient as possible. I also don't think I have seen anyone in any of the forums that have applied to the same programs at the same school that I have. :( Two of my deadlines were January 15th- so I am hoping to hear from either ASU or Alfred soon. Planning on heading to the studio for the day, maybe if I get lost in work there, I will have a happy email waiting for me later. :)

I'm so glad people are hearing back. I have yet to hear from any schools which concerns me, but I am trying to be as patient as possible. I also don't think I have seen anyone in any of the forums that have applied to the same programs at the same school that I have. :( Two of my deadlines were January 15th- so I am hoping to hear from either ASU or Alfred soon. Planning on heading to the studio for the day, maybe if I get lost in work there, I will have a happy email waiting for me later. :)

I can tell ya Alfred hasn't notified yet, I know a good bit of folks that applied there. Additionally, ASU will take a little longer since they have more applicants than most (Shy of Alfred, but understandable for the top ceramic school since they give that crazy funding package)

Are you applying for design? I applied for photography in CalArts. Haven't got anything back

I applied to the Program in Art. Photography may not have gone out yet.

I hope you hear soon, good luck!

This makes me feel better... I'm also Photography so maybe they sent out Design decisions first... Still checking my email too many times a day though. :)

Royal College of Art- Not accepted.  Email notifications went out today.  

I'm happy that they at least were diligent with sticking to deadlines and letting people know about delays.  Wish more schools were as punctual. 

Sorry to hear that, Yellow Magnet. Sounds like you have a lot of other options, though! Good luck.

Sorry to hear that, Yellow Magnet. Sounds like you have a lot of other options, though! Good luck.

Thank KLP!  Good luck to you as well. If I have to do this again next year, I might consider putting more apps in the UK other the RCA.  

Oh, was anyone else here applying to Ohio State?  I just got an email requesting additional financial aid information confirming if you will take 'tuition reimbursement and TA work' and how much.  Completely confusing since i haven't received any kind of admissions information yet.  

There is an option for 'I applied but have not heard back yet' so i guess thats what I will respond with. 

My brain is starting to feel like its melting… 

Hi I'm applying to ASU & Nevada-Reno too, but concentration in Printmaking. I haven't heard anything from them either :( this waiting period is killing me I wonder if anyone has received news from UNL (Nebraska-Lincoln) yet? The status on mine said "

Application Status at the Department: Review complete, decision forwarded to Graduate Studies

Application Status in Graduate Studies: Decision received; pending final review.

But I haven't received anything from them :( this is nerve-racking :(

Okay, who got an interview from RISD for graphic design?

Happyland, I haven't seen anyone on this thread mention communication from RISD. I did apply for their Digital+Media program and haven't heard anything. Based on past years notifications in the results database, looks like they are one of the schools that notify later than most. 

BLR,

I checked the results page and an international applicant put up an interview. The applicant was contacted on February 15th. I'm wondering if RISD contacts in batches or that was it. At least for graphic design.

Ahhh, I was just looking and JUST saw that! Hmmm, I wonder?

Here's something else to ponder. Do all schools ALWAYS interview everyone they admit? I'd like to think some schools may not have a need to interview someone if the application materials were spot on and exactly what they were looking for. You know what I mean?

Is that your interview Mustafa? If so congrats! If you don't mind my asking (tho I am not in graphic design), I'm interested nonetheless (and for the benefit of others)—and since it seems that you went through a round of applications last year and are having better success this year—in what you have done in the interim and to your application that has made a difference this time around. :)

Royal College of Art- Not accepted.  Email notifications went out today.  

I'm happy that they at least were diligent with sticking to deadlines and letting people know about delays.  Wish more schools were as punctual. 

i applied to the same program but havent heard anything today...that email said wait until the end of the week but i have no idea

Is that your interview Mustafa? If so congrats! If you don't mind my asking (tho I am not in graphic design), I'm interested nonetheless (and for the benefit of others)—and since it seems that you went through a round of applications last year and are having better success this year—in what you have done in the interim and to your application that has made a difference this time around. :)

Hi Kafralal,

The previous post was a mistake :P. I havent heard from them yet :( . I suppose they havent selected me this year :(