MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Hello everyone,

I've been watching this thread for six months and finally decided to get a username. The majority of you guys seem to be applying to top tier schools (some with very big price tags) and are willing to relocate so I didn't feel I really fit in and didn't bother commenting. Now I figure I mine as well join in the conversation. Maybe there are others out there like me who are cheap and unwilling to move.

Best of luck to all! May you get into your dream school with full funding!

Hello everyone,

I've been watching this thread for six months and finally decided to get a username. The majority of you guys seem to be applying to top tier schools (some with very big price tags) and are willing to relocate so I didn't feel I really fit in and didn't bother commenting. Now I figure I mine as well join in the conversation. Maybe there are others out there like me who are cheap and unwilling to move.

Good luck Ralpho! May you get into your dream school too, doesn't have to be expensive to fulfil the dream :)

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the FrEaK oUt, Ralpho! You're the first person I've seen around here to apply to Wayne State. Judging from your schools, I'd say you're from MI? :-)) I grew up in Garden City, home to the world's first K-Mart. I'm definitely cheap, but willing to move. 

Lee, you can check the status by logging back in to the graduate application website. Open up your application summary, scroll down past the application status to "Decision" and you should have an answer. 

Thank you Eday27!!

I checked it and I found that they denied me :(

Waiting is so painful for me.

I think I have to focus on preparing interviews with other schools.

Has anyone heard from RISD (Painting) or the University of Illinois-Chicago?

I don't think the University of Illinois-Chicago conducts interviews, so I’m not expecting any news to come out of UIC until early March.

*I’m basing this off of previous year’s postings in the result search. I could be wrong.

Lots of activity happening! Glad to see things are starting to take shape for many. 

May we all get great funding and end up in the place that will serve best.

Good luck and good timing to everyone!

I don't think the University of Illinois-Chicago conducts interviews, so I’m not expecting any news to come out of UIC until early March.

*I’m basing this off of previous year’s postings in the result search. I could be wrong.

Someone last year wrote that they were waitlisted for UIC on Feb. 10, so I feel like I should have heard from them by now if I'm getting in.

Good luck on your SAIC interviews!

Thanks and best of luck to you as well.  UCLA is my dream school for the MFA.  I went there as an undergrad (not in art) and would have loved to have returned there. 

Why didn't you apply there? I'm photo as well and I'm very anxious to hear back from them since I really loved their program. Glad to hear you enjoyed UCLA so much. I live in San Francisco and all of my friends are telling me that I'm going to be miserable in LA... which I think is sort of close minded. I'm excited for the prospect of a new adventure and new city.

People waiting to hear back about Cal Arts interviews:

Should hear in the next week if you were accepted, Brian the admissions guy said to check your email and that it would be good to check the Cal Arts online application system. 

Cross your fingers :)

Rejections from RCA and Tyler this morning. Yaaay... Still 5 left, keeping hope for better outcomes.

Sorry to hear that, Mr.X. Remember, it only takes 1! Keep your chin up and don't doubt yourself. Good luck!

Welcome to the FrEaK oUt, Ralpho! You're the first person I've seen around here to apply to Wayne State. Judging from your schools, I'd say you're from MI? :-)) I grew up in Garden City, home to the world's first K-Mart. I'm definitely cheap, but willing to move. 

My sister lives in Garden City... I'm up north about 50 miles south of the bridge. Considered applying to EMU & UM but ended up ruling them out. But, tried to keep a diverse list of schools, not all top tier, some less known. Oh, and welcome Ralpho!

It's not for my art, but for my art writing: An unofficial acceptance into CCA's Visual & Critical Studies MA program! I'm still hoping for an acceptance into an MFA program somewhere (so I can make art, not JUST write about it), but if not, it's okay! I have an in!

At this point - due to lack of contact about an interview that should have already happened by now - I'm assuming a rejection from CCA's MFA program, but whatevs. I'm still happy and excited and jittery right now. My head is full of, "They like me! They really like me!"

Well, I got 'redirected' to the post bacc program at MassART, which according to the dude is pretty good. And I signed up for the interview [on the 26th]. But my question is should I shoot for it?

I guess this means I have promise

Just got a phone call from LSU letting me know I've been accepted with tuition waver AND stipend. YAY ! ! Real excited !

Is that your top choice school?

The reason is ask is we are both photo, and applied to a lot of the same programs.

So please keep posting when these other schools contact you. 

I'll use you as gauge for when I should have heard.  Cause I havent heard shit!  Radio silence over here

Im out of the game for Temple. No biggie. That city did kinda scare me, even though I have visited the area a few times. 

Sorry to see, but it looks like you might turn out to have some other good options there! I'm a northeast Philadelphian, that stretch of Broad st. looks normal during the daylight our, but when the sun goes down, the crack-heads and prostitute come out in surprising number. Some intersections at literally packed with nothing but such troubled foulks. Especially Broad and Eerie (named after the lake), which is funny because from a car, it certainly is an eerie site.

Hello everyone,

Hey Ralpho, I definitely understand your sentament here. I think the common thread, and point of having these kinds of forums is to comiserate with people that are in roughly similar situations. It's nerve-racking to apply to MFA programs!

But, I was only interested in going to a school in Philadelphia, so my options were extremely limited. Note that Penn was not included there because, unlike most other departments at that school, the sculpture facilities are like suburban dad's garage level. My reasons for limiting my search to Philadelphia are that I have been in Japan for four years and want to be back in my home area near my friends and family. I manage risk by limiting variables and having a long established network through which to get work and be supported will help me maintain focus on my studies.