MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

There was a thread a little bit back about VCU applicants whose portofolio had been reordered in wierd ways through the supplemental site.
I contacted them and they are letting me change it back.

I would do the same if you are worried about it.

There was a thread a little bit back about VCU applicants whose portofolio had been reordered in wierd ways through the supplemental site.

I contacted them and they are letting me change it back.

I would do the same if you are worried about it.

Did it seem that they were aware of it? It was never brought up in my interview - so I figured they were aware / not a big deal. Mine is reordered in a way that a detail image is first and some of the other details are far away from the original piece - so I figured it would be obvious that the ordering had been messed up in some respect.

Did it seem that they were aware of it? It was never brought up in my interview - so I figured they were aware / not a big deal. Mine is reordered in a way that a detail image is first and some of the other details are far away from the original piece - so I figured it would be obvious that the ordering had been messed up in some respect.

I just called them. They didn't seem aware of it but also didn't let me change it. The person I talked to didn't seem to thing it was a big deal :|

hey I just got off the phone with SMFA to make sure they got my transcript and I also asked about the interview  day.  I mentioned that I saw on their FAQs that they may want to review original work and asked how much to bring... they informed me that they would like to see the images on a laptop or tablet so I'm going to use an iPad.  My computer is not in the best condition at the moment.  

thank goodness this interview doesn't require physical work, that would be insane.  I thought that was a bit strange! 

So I called UCSB, found that if you haven't been offered admission at this point your either wait-listed or rejected. If you call they will likely give you a status. For me this is my second rejection today so hopeful some of the other folks that applied to the program will get better new then I did.

I just got an email from Cranbrook Academy for an in person interview on March 28th.  They had an earlier date, but it conflicts with my SAIC interview. 

Ahhhh!!!!… now cranbrook is trying to convince me to do their interview on the same weekend as my SAIC interview (March 1st).  That would mean I need to pay a 100 fee just to change my flight itinerary, but at least i wouldn't have to wait the better part of a month to interview in the same region. 

I don't know what to do….

Edited by Yellow Magnet

Ahhhh!!!!… now cranbrook is trying to convince me to do their interview on the same weekend as my SAIC interview (March 1st).  That would mean I need to pay a 100 fee just to change my flight itinerary, but at least i wouldn't have to wait the better part of a month to interview in the same region. 

I don't know what to do….

What are the comparative costs of either scenario including making changes? It could be worth it to bunch them even with the extra charge.

So I called UCSB, found that if you haven't been offered admission at this point your either wait-listed or rejected. If you call they will likely give you a status. For me this is my second rejection today so hopeful some of the other folks that applied to the program will get better new then I did.

When was your interview?

I noticed my application status on UNL has changed and decided to call the graduate office. They said they are sending out mails today. I asked for my status and it seems I'm rejected. 

Now I have only 2 choices left :( Feeling so nervous.