MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Accepted in PARSONS MFA in Design and Technology, with no fundings. Rejected by RISD, MFA Digital Media! God it is damn disappointing......

waiting to hear from CalArts (you wish!), SCAD, SAIC. I had an e-mail from SMFA last week telling me they will contact me, so I guess I am accepted there, but no words of fundings yet.

Congrats elinik! I'm in at Parsons DT as well :) 

Curious as to when you heard from RISD and through which communication medium? Did they email you or did you get something in the mail? Just cus I'm waiting to hear from them as well and getting impatient...

& Good luck with the rest of your schools!

heyo,

is anyone anticipating or having had, already recieved news from NYU? I skyped in an interview in early March~~~~radio silence since. euoii? :ph34r:

Hi there, yes I'm in the same position. I emailed them and they said they are taking longer than expected with the process. They have just had Spring break last week and will be meeting again this week so I guess we should hear soon?

Ah I am seriously stressing about this decision now! I have been accepted into SVA (no word on funding yet), Pratt (15k scholarship) and Art Center in LA (no word on funding yet). I already live in LA and love it but feel my artwork will be better received in NYC and I'm wondering if this will ultimately be a better city to start my career in the USA (I'm from Australia originally). But I have been in LA for 2 years now and developed relationships and I feel like it's my home. Not sure if I'm ready to leave... However I want this MFA to lead to a career in the city that I do it in. I just can't decided on city v's school v's money v's weather v's faculty... So hard! I am a video installation artist and I create quite dark artwork - this is why I am drawn to NYC as opposed to LA.

Ah I am seriously stressing about this decision now! I have been accepted into SVA (no word on funding yet), Pratt (15k scholarship) and Art Center in LA (no word on funding yet). I already live in LA and love it but feel my artwork will be better received in NYC and I'm wondering if this will ultimately be a better city to start my career in the USA (I'm from Australia originally). But I have been in LA for 2 years now and developed relationships and I feel like it's my home. Not sure if I'm ready to leave... However I want this MFA to lead to a career in the city that I do it in. I just can't decided on city v's school v's money v's weather v's faculty... So hard! I am a video installation artist and I create quite dark artwork - this is why I am drawn to NYC as opposed to LA.

Stay in LA. You can put what you already have there to good use. 

Why haven't I gotten official rejection from saic yet? Same for risd.

Also, does anyone have any tips for deferring process, thanks!

By the way, I think it's kind of funny I only was accepted to the two schools I did some networking with. Hmm.

I would also advise staying in LA. The Art Center seems to have a strong program with great faculty and LA has a continually growing art scene. 

Has anyone else been offer admission to SUNY Purchase? I've already passed the deadline for a different program that is waiting on my decision and I think Purchase is the school for me but I won't be able to visit the school. Have anyone visited or went to Interview day at the campus? Any extra insight into the program or its reputation would be fantastic. 

I'm Canadian and I have to make  decision between attending Purchase with some great funding but still not a full ride and staying in Canada where I will be paid for school. I know there's been some discussion on this forum regarding money vs reputation but I feel the decision between schools here that are fantastic programs and schools close to NYC with some debt is more complicated than that. I'm not looking for a clear answer on what to do but maybe more of any thoughts on Purchase SUNY if anyone has any. 

Thanks so much! 

I'm wishing everyone the best of luck in their applications and decision making! 

Purchase was awesome. I would really love to go there. How were you notified that they accepted you? I'm waiting to hear back after going for my interview.

Hey guys!

Is anyone attending Columbia College's Admitted Student Day? And thinking of attending there? 

I think that's where I'll end up. Declining schools is hard and sadder than I thought it'd be, haha. 

Purchase was awesome. I would really love to go there. How were you notified that they accepted you? I'm waiting to hear back after going for my interview.

I heard via phone. I think you could check in with them. They are looking for a response from me very quickly so I assume they've done their first round of offers and are hoping to quickly get responses in order to approach people on their waiting list so don't give up hope yet. Maybe we'll be attending together! Best of luck! 

I have been accepted to Mica and Hunter. I attended the open studios/ interviews at Hunter and really loved the faculty and students. Unfortunately, I cannot visit Mica. Has anyone visited both schools? If so, what was your overall perception of the community and experience there? I did a lot of research on both schools before applying but unfortunately, nothing compares to actually visiting and speaking to fellow students. 

I don't think hunter has a lot of funding as it is part of the cuny system and therefore has less money to spend on scholarships. plus it is already pretty inexpensive... I could be wrong though.

I don't think hunter has a lot of funding as it is part of the cuny system and therefore has less money to spend on scholarships. plus it is already pretty inexpensive... I could be wrong though.

Thank you, I have to choose between CU and hunter and really my choice id dependent on funding am afraid

Why haven't I gotten official rejection from saic yet? Same for risd.

Also, does anyone have any tips for deferring process, thanks!

By the way, I think it's kind of funny I only was accepted to the two schools I did some networking with. Hmm.

What department at SAIC did you apply to? I applied to painting and received a rejection letter from SAIC  last week. Admissions said they're mailing out decisions for their Low-Res program today. Also, I received a mailed rejection letter from RISD today. As for networking, who you know seems to count a lot these days. It makes me wonder if I would do better job-wise if I stayed in Chicago and pursued a low-res program which involves choosing a new local mentor each semester. That could allow me to get to know faculty from the four best art departments in the area. Of course, a MFA from a regular (non low-res) program is supposedly better when applying for college teaching jobs. It's hard to know what to do...... :wacko: