Asian Studies 2014

Man, wish Yale would just send out the rejections and get it over with! I've seen 5 acceptances posted, and that seems to be the avg on gradcafe results over the years, and they seem to be sent w/i a 3-day period. Just tired of waiting, and ready for making choices ;) that's my morning coffee rant!

Good luck again, all - let's see some acceptances today!

Thanks! According to the email an official letter of acceptance and information about financial aid should arrive next week.

Was your email from a POI you had contacted before, then? Or just an informal shout out from the department? Totally curious, I didn't contact anyone there :)

Oh, and it's great to know they might be emailing instead of only using snail mail. Course, they may still use the pony express for rejections, haha.

Was your email from a POI you had contacted before, then? Or just an informal shout out from the department? Totally curious, I didn't contact anyone there :)

Nope it was from the department. I didn't contact any POIs at Harvard. 

Got the Harvard email too :)! Sent at about 11 this morning from the department heads.

Grats, zech01!! Great to hear some of the peeps on the forum are getting accepted :) Can I ask what your area is?

Heard back from Harvard :)

You might just be in luck Saltome

Huge congrats, Nong! That's gotta be a fantastic feeling. Let's see, that modifies my luck roll by +4...:)

Just curious how you guys would compare Berkeley's Asian Studies MA to Harvard's RSEA Masters. I was just accepted to Harvard's program today, and am trying to chose between the two. My main research interest is early Chinese philosophy, and both seem to be pretty strong programs. 

So.. I emailed both the Harvard RSEA and GSAS asking about decisions, RSEA never got back to me, and here's the GSAS reply:

Dear XXX,

Notification of admissions decisions is communicated by postal letter.  We
will not email to you the decision on your application.

We cannot offer you a specific date when your department will notify
applicants of decisions, but all decision letters are mailed by March 15th.

Sincerely,

Harvard GSAS Admissions

Maybe there's some discrepancy between the RSEA and GSAS office  cause apparently guys here did get email notifications...

Anyway, still waiting.. 

The notifications weren't official, we were told to expect an official one sometime next week.

Anyway, just heard from Yale. Rejected, but at least the waiting is finally over! Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to those will waiting! 

Yale is a no! Sad, but okay. Stanford being too expensive, I'm quite sure I'll be choosing UCLA this Fall, and am very happy with the opportunity. Has anyone else decided upon UCLA yet? PM please!

Dang, Yale said no for me as well.

To be honest, I'm quite relieved. Look on the bright side, I have GTown (which I am so excited and happy about!) and now I don't have to choose between anywhere! ^__^

HOYA SAXA, BABY!!! 

kindkw congrats on UCLA!