Asian Studies 2014

How was the decision sent out?

For Stanford, an email informing us that the attached letter had the decision. Also, that they were going to do all decisions via email.

I'm a little late to this conversation, but I applied to a couple of schools including Stanford and haven't heard back from any yet. So for those still waiting for results - don't worry you aren't alone  :) .

I'm a little late to this conversation, but I applied to a couple of schools including Stanford and haven't heard back from any yet. So for those still waiting for results - don't worry you aren't alone :) .

Not hearing anything yet from Stanford may be a good thing, since it looks like rejections may have been sent first? Speculating based on a very small sample set ;)

Just received acceptance from Duke, pretty pleased about that! Only 2 schools left to hear from, Yale and Harvard...

Everything was sent via email for me.

Unfortunately, I got denied from both Duke and Stanford today. But hey, I got into Georgetown, and Georgetown is no consolation prize ! 

Congrats Saltome! Do you think you might go there? 

And same, I'm waiting on Yale and Harvard, although I'm probably not going to go to either one even if they take me. 

Where are these Harvard RSEA decisions... I hope that they make an exception and inform me electronically, cuz most mail that's sent to my village never makes it :(

Hi Yuanzhu, actually you needn't to be worried for that. I once got a reply from the RSEA as this: "Once the decision is ‘posted’ in AY, the applicant will see ‘Your decision is available to view’ they click on this and see the decision letter." So you'll certainly be accessible to the decision once it comes out.

I'm also waiting for Harvard. Good Luck! 

Can anyone rationalize paying ~$90,000 in tuition for 2 years at Stanford? Seriously, please convince me. God dammit I want to go, but it just might not be viable.

Aren't there TAships and other things like that? The email mentioned that no funding was available but it appears that in the past people have received full tuition scholarships..

I didn't end up applying to Duke since the department told me they wouldn't notify people of FLAS and such until May, and I can't commit to $90,000 tuition either! Though I'm also just tired of the area since I work at Duke and went to UNC for undergrad, so I need a change of scenery anyways.

Still waiting to hear from USC!

Woah woah woah.... Yale is starting to send out admissions??? How come I didn't get anything yet, grrrr. 

gimmethatfunding, I am Korea focused and will likely be attending Georgetown. 

Hi all, Isn't the Stanford MA one year? 46 units with commencement in June. So it wouldn't be 90K. I really regret not applying for all the fellowships now that they accepted me.

Everything was sent via email for me.

Unfortunately, I got denied from both Duke and Stanford today. But hey, I got into Georgetown, and Georgetown is no consolation prize !

Congrats Saltome! Do you think you might go there?

And same, I'm waiting on Yale and Harvard, although I'm probably not going to go to either one even if they take me.

It looks like Duke's funding probably won't be comparable to what I have been offered elsewhere, and like Andrea said, it's an insane amount of $$ to commit to....but, still haven't actually heard what they can offer, so still up in the air.

My Yale applyyourself thingy still hasn't changed since I submitted my app in December, so I'm guessing probably a rejection, since the only results up for Yale EAS MA so far are acceptances. Although of course, doesn't mean much...the mysteries of how schools send out notices!

It looks like Duke's funding probably won't be comparable to what I have been offered elsewhere, and like Andrea said, it's an insane amount of $$ to commit to....but, still haven't actually heard what they can offer, so still up in the air.

My Yale applyyourself thingy still hasn't changed since I submitted my app in December, so I'm guessing probably a rejection, since the only results up for Yale EAS MA so far are acceptances. Although of course, doesn't mean much...the mysteries of how schools send out notices!

Mine hasn't changed either  :unsure: 

Is there anyone else considering going to Stanford who is Japan focus? 

Thank you! This was my third time applying around. I was hoping for a direct path from undergrad to a Hist PhD program, but it proved difficult as an AS major. The MA should help a lot with my goals.

Now, I just have to figure out how I can pay for it!