Stanford GSE

phil413

Congrats, WordlTraveler! I won't be going to Admit Weekend either as I'm in Europe. Unfortunately, my old address in California was on the application, so they only offered me $50 to make the trip. Hah.

Congrats, WordlTraveler! I won't be going to Admit Weekend either as I'm in Europe. Unfortunately, my old address in California was on the application, so they only offered me $50 to make the trip. Hah.

Thanks! Congrats to you as well. Stanford offered me much more than that, but I still can't go. 

Sorry Moyru...remember that whereever you end up, you will be doing amazing things and a step towards your journey either way :)!

Congrats to all who got in and no worries/you will kick ass wherever/best of luck to the rest!

I also got accepted into ICE with scholarship -- so I guess that makes 3 of us so far in ICE on this thread alone...are you guys planning to attend admit weekend? If so, I hope to see/meet you all! (BTW just to clarify, is the $400 only expensed if we choose to enroll ultimately?)

I think we can get it reimbursed even if we don't attend ultimately. I will definitely be attending!

I think we can get it reimbursed even if we don't attend ultimately. I will definitely be attending!

Please please please, you have to share all the info/details, etc, etc with all of us who are admitted but can't attend the admit weekend. 

Please please please, you have to share all the info/details, etc, etc with all of us who are admitted but can't attend the admit weekend. 

Yes, of course :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Stanford will be mailing paper acceptances? Harvard has already sent me with FedEx, I need the one from Stanford to apply for scholarships. Please let me know if you have any info! thanks!

Hey WordlTraveler, 

I actually emailed admissions with this specific question. They said:

"Everything at this point is electronic so we won’t be sending out any hard copies.

The admitted student guide (found online) is where you can go for updates.  You should have also registered for Axess, the student portal where you will find a to do list specific for you If you have any)."

Hopefully, if you have a scholarship related reason that you need a hard copy for, you could specifically request a hard copy? Else, maybe you can print out hard copies from online.

Hey WordlTraveler, 

I actually emailed admissions with this specific question. They said:

"Everything at this point is electronic so we won’t be sending out any hard copies.

The admitted student guide (found online) is where you can go for updates.  You should have also registered for Axess, the student portal where you will find a to do list specific for you If you have any)."

Hopefully, if you have a scholarship related reason that you need a hard copy for, you could specifically request a hard copy? Else, maybe you can print out hard copies from online.

Thanks! very helpful!!! 

• 9 months later...

Hey!

Any Stanford PhD applicants here?

So a science ed applicant already received an interview invite... I wonder if anyone else heard from Stanford

I applied to the SHIPS program for educational history.  I have not heard anything but am anxiously waiting.  Good luck to you!

I applied to SHIPS as well.  no news yet. based on past threads, seems like we might hear back the second week of february. but based on past threads, i'm also not expecting good news -- it seems like Stanford just handed out rejection after rejection.

I applied to SHIPS as well.  no news yet. based on past threads, seems like we might hear back the second week of february. but based on past threads, i'm also not expecting good news -- it seems like Stanford just handed out rejection after rejection.

Hi again :D  I also applied to SHIPS.  Honestly, I am not very hopeful but trying to stay positive!

I saw that acceptance. It seems early for Stanford, but congrats to that person! I also just noticed that someone got an interview for science ed almost 10 days ago, so I'm hoping that that program just is on a different timeline. I didn't think the program I applied for even did interviews, but maybe I'm wrong...

I didn't have any extensive interaction with my POIs. I introduced myself to one at a conference right before the app deadline, but nothing other than that.

Did you all talk to POIs before applying?

Edited by viget

I dropped the ball on contacting POI's at the education programs I am applying to (I am also applying to a few history programs).  I have heard mixed reviews about whether that matters at all.  

I think we are still too early for Stanford.  But UW-Madison Educational Policy, which I also applied to, has started showing up on the results page.  We are on the edge of results season!

I dropped the ball on contacting POI's at the education programs I am applying to (I am also applying to a few history programs).  I have heard mixed reviews about whether that matters at all.  

I think we are still too early for Stanford.  But UW-Madison Educational Policy, which I also applied to, has started showing up on the results page.  We are on the edge of results season!

I've heard mixed feedback about the importance of contacting POIs too. No one said it could hurt, but I heard some feedback that some professors just prefer not to correspond with potential students, so I was worried about being a nuisance. Plus, I couldn't figure out a good way to reach out to some POIs without sounding like I was fishing for thoughts on my "chances." I really hope not having had a conversation with POIs doesn't take me out of the running.

I applied to SHIPS, too. I didn't contact my POI for the same reasons you guys mentioned. I haven't heard anything either :/ just tell us already! I contacted a few professors from Harvard and got an email back from an assistant saying that the professor would prefer to not speak to prospective students.