American Studies 2014

Hey hj2012,

I posted the acceptance. They didn't provide info about the cohort being finalized, however. Funding is very limited (in case you didn't know). It might be an unfortunate deterrent in my case.

Thanks for letting me know, and congratulations. I've heard some rumors about the funding being terrible, but some of my favorite scholars work there, so I was hoping for an acceptance.

Edited by hj2012

Thanks for letting me know, and congratulations. I've heard some rumors about the funding being terrible, but some of my favorite scholars work there, so I was hoping for an acceptance.

Hj2012

Congrats on Berkeley!!!!!! Will you go!? I was early rejected from them

Hj2012

Congrats on Berkeley!!!!!! Will you go!? I was early rejected from them

Thank you! :D I'm still a bit in shock, honestly!

No word yet from Berkeley on funding, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to accept their offer. I'm still hoping (against hope) for an acceptance to Yale, which is my dream program.

Congratulations to the Yale American Studies acceptance! Looks like it's ice cream hunting time for me...

lol @ hj2012. What kind of ice cream? Im waiting for Harvard and Brown! Brown will email by Friday. Harvard sends out their letters on Wednesday, which means that if you're far from Cambridge, it will take a week to get the letter :( :(

lol @ hj2012. What kind of ice cream? Im waiting for Harvard and Brown! Brown will email by Friday. Harvard sends out their letters on Wednesday, which means that if you're far from Cambridge, it will take a week to get the letter :( :(

Crisoch, I'm currently living abroad, so I think it'll take quite a long time for me to get a letter from Harvard. Just plain vanilla, I'm afraid. ;) But any ice cream is better than no ice cream.

Crisoch, I'm currently living abroad, so I think it'll take quite a long time for me to get a letter from Harvard. Just plain vanilla, I'm afraid. ;) But any ice cream is better than no ice cream.

I totally ate comfort food today to nurse my sadness over likely rejections haha.  Oh whale!  Hoping for good news for y'all from Harvard!  Can't believe they still send via snail mail, that wait will be killer.

good luck to y'all waiting on Harvard! That's some intense stuff. I'm meeting with a prof/friend today who is still in contact with her mentors/colleagues/friends at nyu in Tisch and the AmSt program so I'm gonna see if she has heard anything about NYU (I refuse to give up hope until someone proves to me I should). Unrelated to AmSt but I got an informal acceptance this morning so I'm feeling optimistic! Whoo!

good luck all. and i recommend ben & jerrys red velvet cake ice cream by the way. it's decadent and hard to be sad while eating it.

good luck to y'all waiting on Harvard! That's some intense stuff. I'm meeting with a prof/friend today who is still in contact with her mentors/colleagues/friends at nyu in Tisch and the AmSt program so I'm gonna see if she has heard anything about NYU (I refuse to give up hope until someone proves to me I should). Unrelated to AmSt but I got an informal acceptance this morning so I'm feeling optimistic! Whoo!

good luck all. and i recommend ben & jerrys red velvet cake ice cream by the way. it's decadent and hard to be sad while eating it.

YAY CONGRATS, that's great news!!!  Happy you have something to work with ^^

And please do let us know if you hear anything about NYU.  

two more. i don't know how to make a signature with the schools so far

Oh if you want to do that, then click your name in the upper right corner, click 'my settings' and then on the left side of the page it should say 'signature' and you should be able to edit it and add whatever you want.

Best of luck, though!  I guess tomorrow might be the big day for Brown??  :unsure:  Hope someone will hear some good news!

Oh if you want to do that, then click your name in the upper right corner, click 'my settings' and then on the left side of the page it should say 'signature' and you should be able to edit it and add whatever you want.

Best of luck, though!  I guess tomorrow might be the big day for Brown??  :unsure:  Hope someone will hear some good news!

Oh! Thanks Ill do that now!!!

Yes tomorrow. Good luck!!!!!

Just got my acceptance to William and Mary! Have already decided to go to Alabama, but W&M was the most competitive program I applied to, so it feels good!  :D

Ugh, I didn't get anything. :/ Did you get an email, call, or via mail?

Howdy yalls, I'm mainly applied to art history PhD programs, but also put in an application to William and Mary for American Studies, so I thought I'd say hey! Received an acceptance note from them today, but on the wait list for funding. Good luck to everyone with the rest of your apps, maybe see some fellow W&M folks for recruiting week!

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got into W&M -- some very excellent faculty there, especially for Early American.

Unfortunately, I was part of the Brown bloodbath on the results search. I believe that I'm going to be shut out of most Ivy-type schools, and am now facing the difficult, difficult decision of actually deciding where I'd like to go. :blink:

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got into W&M -- some very excellent faculty there, especially for Early American.

Unfortunately, I was part of the Brown bloodbath on the results search. I believe that I'm going to be shut out of most Ivy-type schools, and am now facing the difficult, difficult decision of actually deciding where I'd like to go. :blink:

hj2012,

YOU GOT INTO BERKELEY!!!! This is an Ivy League school!!! You must go! Lol

hj2012,

YOU GOT INTO BERKELEY!!!! This is an Ivy League school!!! You must go! Lol

I'm actually really torn right now!! Michigan has a really strong program and has been very responsive and welcoming. I also bit the bullet and emailed UT Austin and Yale about my admissions status. I'll let you guys know what I find out.