American Studies 2014

wow cool! i just found this website today. I've submitted my apps and have been searching the internet to see if i received any messages yet lol. 

I also applied to USC, Berkeley, Washington State, UMichigan, Purdue College Park, NYU, Yale, Brown, Harvard for American/Ethnic Studies 

And I applied to Stony Brook and Stanford for History. 

Ugh, this wait is KILLING ME lol

no, he's next door. and those things are always rumor mills anyways. so that's why i was looking here for confirmation. probably best not to worry about it; if the dept's taking apps, let's assume the best. sorry.

hah, no need for an apology! And there often is a seed of truth to many of these rumors. I agree that, for now, we should just hope for the best. Perhaps when the acceptances come in, you can ask the department more directly about it. ;)

wow cool! i just found this website today. I've submitted my apps and have been searching the internet to see if i received any messages yet lol. 

I also applied to USC, Berkeley, Washington State, UMichigan, Purdue College Park, NYU, Yale, Brown, Harvard for American/Ethnic Studies 

And I applied to Stony Brook and Stanford for History. 

Ugh, this wait is KILLING ME lol

Welcome!

Wow, you applied to a lot of schools! And I thought I applied to a bunch with 8. :D

Welcome!

Wow, you applied to a lot of schools! And I thought I applied to a bunch with 8. :D

lol i did. but i applied through IRT (Institute for Recruitment of Teachers) and they waive the school app. fees for students. hope everyone's day is going well!!!

Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, app fees were a big reason why I didn't apply to as many schools. I probably would have tacked on a few more schools without that limiting factor.

Mind if I ask about your research interests?

Congrats to everyone who's finished with their apps!

Good news here - got my second acceptance this weekend  :D Feels good to have options!

LatteArt and lacicolleen, don't want to give too much away here, but Alabama was one of my acceptances so far, so feel free to PM me.

Congrats to everyone who's finished with their apps!

Good news here - got my second acceptance this weekend  :D Feels good to have options!

LatteArt and lacicolleen, don't want to give too much away here, but Alabama was one of my acceptances so far, so feel free to PM me.

Congrats verycunning!!

Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, app fees were a big reason why I didn't apply to as many schools. I probably would have tacked on a few more schools without that limiting factor.

Mind if I ask about your research interests?

hj2012, i am interested in Latina/o history, literature, ethnography and theory.

Received an e-mail from a school informing me that they will notify me of their decision by tomorrow. beyond nervous. I just want to know NOW!!!!! haha

I guess they really want to build up the anticipation, eh? Although at this point, I think they just might be teasing you... ;)

Sending good vibes your way!

I am referring to Alabama. 

And yes- HJ2012 what a tease! Received another e-mail stating that I will be notified by the end of the week, now. So anxious. Doing everything in my might to take my mind off these apps. 

Man, that's definitely nerve-wracking!

I haven't heard anything from any of my schools, and according to the search results, I shouldn't be expecting decisions until mid-February (ish). I'm jealous of those of you who are hearing back early!

Hi all, I'm happy to hear that acceptances are starting to roll in. Quick question: has anyone heard anything regarding interviews at NYU? 

I haven't heard anything.  Not sure if that's good or bad...

I haven't heard anything.  Not sure if that's good or bad...

i know!!! i feel the same way about NYU! :(

UMichigan and Berkeley Ethnic Studies should announce the first 10 days of Feb (according to past history cycles)

I got accepted into the University of Alabama today- MA in American Studies program!! Beyond excited! I will be notified of funding information next week! :)

Best of luck everyone!!! What is meant to be is meant to be!

I got accepted into the University of Alabama today- MA in American Studies program!! Beyond excited! I will be notified of funding information next week! :)

Best of luck everyone!!! What is meant to be is meant to be!

Congrats!!!!