American Studies 2014

Has anyone heard anything from the American Studies program at Brown? Anxiously waiting for PhD application results! 

Haven't heard anything from Brown yet.  According the history of the results, they shouldn't start to notify until the end of the month though.

Does anybody know anything about the American Studies program at Rutgers-Newark? Has anybody applied to their PhD program?

Nope, sorry!  Didn't apply there.

How about U of Maryland College Park?  I heard they are notoriously late rolling out acceptances, but I'm curious to see if anyone's heard anything back from the department.

How about U of Maryland College Park?  I heard they are notoriously late rolling out acceptances, but I'm curious to see if anyone's heard anything back from the department.

I'm also waiting to hear from UMD.

Hi everyone!

I see a Michigan acceptance was posted last Friday. Does anyone know if they've sent out all their acceptances? (congratulations to the Michigan poster, by the way!)

Hi, I posted the Michigan acceptance!  I'm not sure if they've sent out all their acceptances yet, though.  

Beekay, thanks for your response! I'd almost lost hope, but this morning I had an acceptance letter in my inbox from the DGS! Absolutely thrilled and honored.

CONGRATS!! That's fantastic news!!! :) Are you going to the campus visit?

I wish it was mine!  I noticed they said they got the email on Saturday--I know that the UNC-CH campus is closed until Friday morning due to snow, but I'm thinking about following up on Tuesday if I haven't heard yet.

Did you do a campus visit Decaf?  I'm wondering if anyone knows how many people they are accepting this year.

CONGRATS!! That's fantastic news!!! :) Are you going to the campus visit?

Thank you!! I wish I could make it, but I'm living abroad right now and I think the cost would be too prohibitive.

Are you planning on attending?

I wish it was mine!  I noticed they said they got the email on Saturday--I know that the UNC-CH campus is closed until Friday morning due to snow, but I'm thinking about following up on Tuesday if I haven't heard yet.

Did you do a campus visit Decaf?  I'm wondering if anyone knows how many people they are accepting this year.

I didn't do a visit....just contacted a couple of POIs there last Fall. I don't have any idea how many they are admitting. Longshot for me, but it is a perfect fit.

BTW - My handle is Samsales. Decaf refers to the level of my posting activity on Grad Cafe, lol!

Oh, and Congratulations to whoever it was that got in UNC! :)

Thank you!! I wish I could make it, but I'm living abroad right now and I think the cost would be too prohibitive.

Are you planning on attending?

Aw, that's too bad, but definitely understandable.  Yup, I'm planning on going!  

Aw, that's too bad, but definitely understandable.  Yup, I'm planning on going!  

Wow, awesome. Mind if I send you a PM? I'm currently facing the prospect of making decisions without actually visiting any of the schools I've gotten into, and I'd like to speak to you about your opinion about the general atmosphere of the program after you visit.

Wow, awesome. Mind if I send you a PM? I'm currently facing the prospect of making decisions without actually visiting any of the schools I've gotten into, and I'd like to speak to you about your opinion about the general atmosphere of the program after you visit.

Yes, please do!  It must be difficult to have to make such a big decision without getting all the info you need.  Would be happy to talk more after the visit (or before too!).

Has anyone heard anything from Purdue? Also still waiting for William&Mary but according to the last couple of years I shouldn't expect anything before March, I guess. Congrats to everyone who has gotten acceptance letters!

Has anyone heard anything from Purdue? Also still waiting for William&Mary but according to the last couple of years I shouldn't expect anything before March, I guess. Congrats to everyone who has gotten acceptance letters!

I received an offer of admission today (MA) from Purdue, not sure if decisions are finalized yet though.