Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

I got rejected from University of Oregon and got an email asking for a brief skype interview with Oregon State University, both within a minute of eachother.

Any tips on what would be asked in the interview and how to approach it?

Does anyone know if MIT has finalized decisions? (i.e. not sending out any more acceptances?)

I just called them and a lady said that the majority of applicants will receive the notifications next week.

You mean as in acceptances? So there's still hope?

She didn't state as acceptances or rejections. However, she replied to my question that whether the decisions have been finalized or not.

Said who, if I may ask?

an admitted student asked the officer in the university and she said that all good letters has been sent out.  I am not sure but as the student is not my friend. He just said on the website, so it could be wrong...

Anyone have updates for Wisconsin -- Chemical biology track? 

I can see on results search page that they sent some admission letters today. I also want to know. Can anyone who are admitted tell us what division you are in and when did you receive the letters?  

I can see on results search page that they sent some admission letters today. I also want to know. Can anyone who are admitted tell us what division you are in and when did you receive the letters?  

I got an email for an interview on Jan 29 for Feb 3, which apparently was just a formality at that point. Got another email of confirmation today, saying the official offer should be here in a day or two. PChem, btw. 

Good luck, and hope this helps. 

I'm actually from UNC; last time I was in the area (last week of Jan), the guy from the Chem office (a friend of mine actually) told me they were still going through the process. A little dated info but it might help :)

Please, do you have an idea as to how many offers they typically give out for each Fall term and like how many applicant they usually receive? Thanks. Still waiting on UNC.

I'm actually from UNC; last time I was in the area (last week of Jan), the guy from the Chem office (a friend of mine actually) told me they were still going through the process. A little dated info but it might help :)

Please, do you have an idea as to how many offers they typically give out for each Fall term and like how many applicant they usually receive? Thanks. Still waiting on UNC.

I'm actually a UNC undergrad xD so I got kicked out to other places for grad school (most likely MIT)...UNC haven't even looked at my file yet since I'm their undergrad =(

Anw, we had a huge incoming class last year. The year before that (the one where I wasn't too lazy to show up at year-start TA meeting), I noticed ~70 peeps there, who are pretty much all first-year. A lot of them are international students too :D (like myself)

Rejected from UIUC, :( that was my dream school. Email said "We cannot accommodate all who apply, and our Graduate Admissions and Appointments Committee has recommended other applicants more strongly." Feeling defeated at the moment. I'm going to start preparing to reapply for next years round by improving my general GRE and Subject GRE scores. Quite disappointed but I should have at least one, maybe two more first author publications by the time a reapply.