The Waiting Game - Fall 2014

monfemme

Hey everyone, sorry I've been so distant lately. It's not you; it's me! Seriously, my stress levels are through the roof. I'm only able to fall asleep at night when my mind has stopped being able to mull over anything more.

Can anyone here claim the latest anthro result from CUNY? I'm an archaeology applicant, but I'm just so interested to hear anything that department has said. Regardless of my chances at my remaining schools, CUNY is the last of the absolute spot-on fits for me (at least, though I think it is).

Sigh...

tina-fey-1.gif

Hey everyone, sorry I've been so distant lately. It's not you; it's me! Seriously, my stress levels are through the roof. I'm only able to fall asleep at night when my mind has stopped being able to mull over anything more.

Can anyone here claim the latest anthro result from CUNY? I'm an archaeology applicant, but I'm just so interested to hear anything that department has said. Regardless of my chances at my remaining schools, CUNY is the last of the absolute spot-on fits for me (at least, though I think it is).

Hey, I didn't post on the result page but I got a rejection from CUNY yesterday (biological anthropology), so if you haven't heard anything I suppose it's a good thing?

Thanks for the information, bellabean, and good luck everyone else! I've gotta say, it'd be pretty neat if some of us ended up at the same school together. : )

That would be cool! Some of us will meet each other at visiting weekends, maybe?

I know this is totally illogical, but sometimes I feel like I'll never hear. I know that actually I will eventually hear and this endless "waiting for godot" stage will end, but I keep forgetting that. I've still only heard from 1/5!!! And people keep saying they called and all acceptances have been sent out, so I'm pretty much preparing for across the board rejections, but my policy is that I'm not counting my rejections until I actually get the letters. So can they send them now?! Ok, rant over.

I absolutely feel your pain. I just want to get this over with and have some idea about my future (and be in a better position to set up my Plan B (wow smiley fail)). These past couple months have felt like they've gone on for ages and that distant horizon containing all my expectations is getting ever further away. The wanting comes in waves. 

Edited by skylarking

Anyone else feel a little put off by the fact that Stanford hasn't adjusted application status pages to reflect receipt of transcripts? I feel like I just threw my application fee ($125) plus the costs of two copies of each of my transcripts ($gadzooks) right in the trash.

Happy thoughts. :P

Anyone else feel a little put off by the fact that Stanford hasn't adjusted application status pages to reflect receipt of transcripts? I feel like I just threw my application fee ($125) plus the costs of two copies of each of my transcripts ($gadzooks) right in the trash.

I agree!!!  Also, I've sent them 3 emails asking them if they had received my transcripts since they never updated it, and got zero response. 

That's strange! I applied to a different department (classics) and they updated my application status page in December, acknowledging the receipt of my official transcripts, waiving of TOEFL, etc. Have you tried calling them?

That's strange! I applied to a different department (classics) and they updated my application status page in December, acknowledging the receipt of my official transcripts, waiving of TOEFL, etc. Have you tried calling them?

Yeah, I'm thinking it must be the anthro department... Like Forsaken in LA, I tried contacting them several times (e-mail and phone), both in December and January, and received no response. Since I provided my unofficial transcripts via PDF, my application has been marked for review, so I hadn't been terribly concerned about the "official receipt" status. But with my impending rejection on the horizon, I feel the least they could've done was update my application. I put a lot of time and money--of which I have very little--into their application and feel a little disrespected by their inability to update my page or even respond.

But honestly it's okay! I'm trying to not dwell on how much I spent applying; I am trying to accept the total costs as a necessary step to get to where I want to be. :D

WTF is up with Columbia?? The application was due December 3rd. How can it possibly take this long to reject me? 

I'm feeling the same way about CUNY! Their application was due December 1st. Oh well, someone said we should hear from them tomorrow. It's the last university I'm waiting to hear back from, and I just want this part of the process to be over.

Patience, patience...