The Waiting Game - Fall 2014

monfemme

Back after two days! Couldn't resist. But seriously what is wrong with anth/arch departments? Other departments are flooding the results page.

I don't know! This whole application process has made me so insecure, and the waiting is making it worse!

Congratulations to those who got accepted today! Hugs for the rejected and wait-listed :(

I'm just praying my acceptances/rejections come this week. I'm going to a conference next week and I don't want to be on edge like last year where I got rejected from a school while at that school. That was quite a throat punch, let me tell you.

Should it be taken as a positive sign that you were searched? I was searched today through academia.edu and don't have anything published, or any reason for anyone to search me.   :mellow:

I was "creeped" on LinkedIn by a professor at a school I am now wait listed at. They looked at me about 2 weeks before I was sent an email about being wait listed. So, in my opinion, I think being looked at is a GOOD thing!

Andean Archaeology. What about you?

That's awesome. I'm in biological anthropology. I just wondered because my POI at UCSD told me that funding is very sparse for bio anth and each prof can offer it on a rotating basis. Apparently this isn't her year. Anyway I hope the funding is better for archaeology. Good luck to you!

That's awesome. I'm in biological anthropology. I just wondered because my POI at UCSD told me that funding is very sparse for bio anth and each prof can offer it on a rotating basis. Apparently this isn't her year. Anyway I hope the funding is better for archaeology. Good luck to you!

I got the same impression for PSU. Right now, I just want to puke. The waiting is killing my stomach. 

HrdyWordy - I know how you feel.  I woke up this morning and saw an anthropology result for one of the schools I thought I might actually stand a chance of getting into.  I also learned that they are notifying today.  I haven't heard anything.  I feel like I'm going to vomit.