The Waiting Game - Fall 2014

monfemme

Hey screencheck,

I've heard nothing from CUNY for archaeology. Their GC results history is a bit disjointed too. I don't know what to make of it!

it seems like it is only cultural applicants that have heard back. I have to think that arch shouldn't be too far behind. I have been checking online but I cant find a place where the application status is displayed, so I figured it has to be an e-mail.

it seems like it is only cultural applicants that have heard back. I have to think that arch shouldn't be too far behind. I have been checking online but I cant find a place where the application status is displayed, so I figured it has to be an e-mail.

If you figure out howto check the application status,please let me know!

Sort of unrelated: I was thinking I'd like to give my recommenders a little something to thank them for their role in helping my academic career along.  Have any of you done this?  One was my mentor and we were somewhat close (we're friends on Facebook), so I think I will send her wine.  The others I'm not quite as well acquainted with and I would like to give them a small token while remaining professional.  Have any of you done this?  Would a card suffice?  Any other ideas?

Edited by strudelle

Sort of unrelated: I was thinking I'd like to give my recommenders a little something to thank them for their role in helping my academic career along.  Have any of you done this?  One was my mentor and we were somewhat close (we're friends on Facebook), so I think I will send her wine.  The others I'm not quite as well acquainted with and I would like to give them a small token while remaining professional.  Have any of you done this?  Would a card suffice?  Any other ideas?

i was thinking of getting them each a coffee mug from the school I (hopefully) end up at. 

i was thinking of getting them each a coffee mug from the school I (hopefully) end up at. 

That's actually a really cool idea. I had been thinking of giving them a thank you cardwith something else, but the coffee mug sounds great!

Hey screencheck,

I've heard nothing from CUNY for archaeology. Their GC results history is a bit disjointed too. I don't know what to make of it!

If you're referring to Hunter, I received an email on March 21st last year, with "Your Decision is Available Online Now." I believe there was a big purple button that led to an acceptance letter somewhere on my online application profile, towards the top. If you mean the consortium, though, I'm not sure. :/ It seems most SUNY schools have decisions out by 2/15 or so, whereas CUNY had a bit of lag, & the consortium was all over the place.

That's actually a really cool idea. I had been thinking of giving them a thank you cardwith something else, but the coffee mug sounds great!

it is well know that profs cannot survive without coffee. i figure they can never have too many mugs.

I do like the mug idea quite a bit.  And it would be easy to send that to each of their offices.  I think I will try to get them each something with a physical anthropology related design on it.  I've seen some pretty classy looking bone mugs.  Thanks for the suggestion!

I got my letter writers (all archaeologists) this: http://www.cafepress.com/mf/32865144/10yr_mugs?productId=358481656

And, of course, I had to get one for myself.  :P

As for the CUNY app, I've just been checking the same page I submitted my application: https://ssb.gc.cuny.edu/prod/plsql/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

Oh, and did any of you CUNY applicants submit a signature page? I didn't do so until last week... I don't believe I was ever prompted to submit one after I completed the online application.

I got my letter writers (all archaeologists) this: http://www.cafepress.com/mf/32865144/10yr_mugs?productId=358481656

As for the CUNY app, I've just been checking the same page I submitted my application: https://ssb.gc.cuny.edu/prod/plsql/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

Oh, and did any of you CUNY applicants submit a signature page? I didn't do so until last week... I don't believe I was ever prompted to submit one after I completed the online application.

#1 love the mug

#2 never seen the signature page in my life. I better do it. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I submitted that along with all my other paperwork... Regardless, the application page shows that everything was submitted and received, so I'll go by that.

Cool mug by the way.

hey all, so when you email your POI regarding result, and he/she says it is a tremendous breach of protocol to reveal anything about the process or result, does that imply a rejection? It that common?

Ouch! Yeah I don't think I could email my POI's about this. 

Wow, but I saw quite a few people got to know the result this way. Well......

I think it is more that POI's email students with the results without any provocation. But that is just my interpretation. 

I submitted it along with the rest of items they require before deadline, it is the last page of ur application process, the instruction said to print out this page and mail it along with other things to the graduate admission office...I almost missed that one as well