The Waiting Game - Fall 2014

monfemme

You had quite a lot interviews btw.

Yea.... I'm having a way better go of it than I expected. To be fair though,  I don't live too far outside of Philly. So, it was also a convenience thing. My POI basically said if I had any questions or wanted to see the campus, I should come by and I took advantage of it.

Edited by daykid

hi, i´ve been checking the site for a while. i have seen today that someone is going to be interviwed for linguistic anthropology at upenn. have the people from sociocultural been contacted? and does upenn always do interviews? thank you! and good luck everyone

I am international, it is very difficult to go there without funding for one year of school. Plus I do have Master's already (in a different subject), my B.A. was in archaeology and a wonderful one. A PhD would be just perfect why am I being tortured.

It is 8 am here and what a wonderful way to start the day. I am so sad.

hugs to you colorless. i am so sorry your day started off like that... I must admit I am shocked by how absorbed into this process I have become and can imagine how you feel. again hugzzzzz!!!

Sorry to hear that, colorless.  I totally understand where you're coming from.  If you already have a masters then why would you waste your time going for another unfunded masters?  I really hope you hear some good news soon! 

I'm sorry colorless :( I would at least get in contact with them and ask how you could work out getting your MA there and possible funding. I know you have one already in a different area but maybe dedicating a couple years to getting a relevant Cornell MA will be beneficial in the long run?