All those little mistakes

gellert

I must've read over my SOP like 20 times before I submitted it, made sure it was "perfect", not a comma out of place... I read it NOW and catch all those seemingly microscopic mistakes and I'm like... WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING THEY'RE GOING TO SEE THAT!! Just shows you what kind of state of mind you're in when you're under that kind of pressure.  I read it SO many times... how did I not see that?? What seems dumb now must've made perfect sense at the time.

Accidentally wrote USA (without article) in my SOP... Obviously I am an idiot...

Thank God, I sent this SOP only to several universities, not to all of them.

Edited by AmandaLemon

For me I many mistakes,

but the best two was:

writing my birthday wrong as it's November 12

And in my country we usually write the day first, and in the application it was the month at first

And I didn't know why didn't they match my application with my transcripts till I figured out this mistake

the second one was while sending the TOEFL score

I have finished my application one month before the deadline and sent my scores,

but they usually take sometime to update the online system

So, I didn't care about not updating my status

Till I found after the deadline that I have sent the score to a wrong institution in the same city with a similar name