CSU's submitted applications & waiting for decisions

MSW03

Hey everyone! This thread is for those who have submitted application to the CSU's and are waiting for decisions. It's only December and I'm already so nervous with anticipation about my admission decisions. Hopefully this thread can help alleviate some stress for everyone.

Applied: CSUDH (Nov 1), CSULA (Nov 15), CSUN (Dec 2), and CSULB (about to submit)

Currrently I have only received confirmation emails from CSUDH and CSUN that they have received my application and will be forwarded for review. I know CSULA will notify us by end of Feb, CSUN starting Jan - March, but I am wondering has anyone been admitted yet to CSUDH who turned in their application already?

Thanks guys :)

Hello! I applied to CSULA (Nov 15), and CSUF (Nov 28). I am also about to submit my app for CSULB. I wasn't aware that CSULA won't notify until February. When I went to their info session they said that the sooner you turn in your app, the earlier you would hear back, which is why I turned it in early. Perhaps I misunderstood?? 

Good luck!

Hello adri0507! About the CSULA apps, when I turned my in they told me I'll be notified no later than February :) so we may know earlier but no later than Feb. Those who turned it in after Nov 15 won't be notified of their admission decisions until late May and June!

Hello adri0507! About the CSULA apps, when I turned my in they told me I'll be notified no later than February :) so we may know earlier but no later than Feb. Those who turned it in after Nov 15 won't be notified of their admission decisions until late May and June!

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying! :D

• 3 weeks later...

@speechgirl811 - I applied only to the on-campus full time programs, although now I'm regretting not broadening my options :/

@onenationtim - great! That's so awesome, hope you get your first choices :) do keep us updated on your admission decisions or any info :) I applied to CSULB last year & was put on pending admission, didn't hear anything till July & finally offered a spot in Older Adults & Families but declined due to my passion for children & youth, hopefully it goes better this time for me.

Describe your experiences with diverse populations and groups, and how those experiences have contributed to your interest in social work. Which population (defined by culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, psychological and/or physical functioning) would you like to serve and why?

i'm having a little bit of a problem answering this question. There is a population (kids and families) that i would like to work with, but does that make me too narrow minded? Should i say more groups? Should i say i want to work with everyone? thanks

Describe your experiences with diverse populations and groups, and how those experiences have contributed to your interest in social work. Which population (defined by culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, psychological and/or physical functioning) would you like to serve and why?

i'm having a little bit of a problem answering this question. There is a population (kids and families) that i would like to work with, but does that make me too narrow minded? Should i say more groups? Should i say i want to work with everyone? thanks

I think you should say what you feel. It comes off more honest and it will show in your work experience :) Oh! and it will also determine which category you will be placed in.

@onenametim - i would mold your answer based on the program you are applying to.. For example, the program may have you choose an emphasis (such as children, youth & families) or the program may take an advanced generalist approach where they want you to be competent in a variety of settings. Hope this helps!

@Speechgirl - sorry I haven't talked to anyone that's done the distance program but I'm sure it's just as spectacular! Do you know if CSUN also does interviews for the long distance program?

@onenametime I have only gotten confirmation emails from CSULB and CSUF but still no reply as to whether I got in or not :(

I am still working out financial issues with USC so for now, my decision to attend is on hold. I would love to go there though! Have you finished with all of your apps?

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to SDSU. I know that the wait is probably long, but I've heard there are number of other CSU's (LB for one I hear) that take  until June. I think it's just something that happens. Just look at the bright side. You can relax, and then make any plans come when the time comes. 

I applied to SDSU last cycle as soon as they started accepting applications. I submitted EVERYTHING that very first day (OCT I think?) and heard back in March. I will check and give you specific dates if you want. I was overzealous and applied at all of my schools as soon as they accepted applications