dfindley

ONTOLOGY OF THE ELEMENTS; A TRANSCENDENTAL DIALECTIC

DAVID FINDLEY

1772 SHANGRILA, KAPOLEI, HI; 96707

IMDAVIDFINDLEY@GMAIL.COM

Essay written for the Gravity Research Foundation 2014 Awards 
                                        for Essays on Gravitation

Abstract;

I present a series of a priori principles to illustrate the ontological development of a system, qualify Space and Time transcendentally as SpaceTime, and conclude by illustrating that certain phenomenal elements in nature may bear strictly transcendental relations to each other, based solely on their ontology. As such, the nature of these relations would only be subject to rationale a priori, in contradistinction the common empirical method. These transcendental relations I term ‘Ontological’, and premise that gravity may prove just such a relation.

A Priori Principles in Metaphysics;

A) A singularity whole and complete in itself cannot serve as catalyst to change without external influence.

B) In order for change to occur, there must be at least one primary, self-contrasting dichotomy that can unfold in terms of dialectical procession.

C) The self-contrasting quality of such a primordial dualism, in dialectical interpolation, is simultaneously a complementary relativity.

D) As the primary duality proceeds into dialectic, the structure of the system it perpetuates reflects its binary nature. Hence, duality is recognized as a primary principle governing the nature of the system.

E) Such a primary duality serves as the ontological foundation for all series of change that proceed from it. Every stage of its dialectical procession exists within the context of the primary duality.

F) Elements manifesting from the intercourse of the primary duality must all ultimately be ontologically derivative primarily from one aspect of the duality, and secondarily from the other; otherwise there must be neutrality.

G) Ontological derivation simultaneously implies limited relativity; elements manifesting in the manifold will prove relative to eachother in respect to the system in which they exist and the ontology by which they are derived.

Qualifying the Transcendental;

1) Space and Time, insofar they are natural elements that are not subject to the empirical method, (their reality merely implied by the phenomenal,) are transcendental. Immaterial, they may be best described as the horizon through which the phenomenal may earn expression.

2) There are two possibilities hereby implied: either Space and Time are or are derivative of two distinct transcendental entities; or they are both derivative as modalities from the same transcendental antecedent.

3) In respect the theory of General Relativity, Space and Time are relative and simplified in their unification as SpaceTime. Accepting the possibility that Space and Time are ontological modalities derivative of same transcendental antecedent, we simultaneously explain the nature of their relativity and justify their unification in terms ‘SpaceTime’.

4) In respect mathematical and geometric conceptualization of SpaceTime, it is a four-dimensional entity. In respect the transcendental ontology of SpaceTime, it is a modal dualism.

Towards a Natural Philosophy

1) The universe may be regarded as a system. The development of the universe as a system must be derived by at least a single dualism, which we may characterize as primary.

2) It may be premised that the modal dualism of Space and Time, as they arise from their ontological antecedent, is the primary duality from which the universe, as a system, is derived.

3) If the universe, as a system, is ontologically derivative of SpaceTime, it is simultaneously implied that the interpolation of this modal duality is the precursor to change and causality, (dialectic.)

4) The binary development of the interpolation of Space and Time in dialectic would quickly unfold into Chaos.

5) The manifold consequent SpaceTime dialectic would be subject to the a priori principles outlined above. We may therefore infer that certain elements within the system may bear relations to eachother based solely on their ontology.

6) Such ‘Ontological Relativity’, though its effects empirically verifiable, would in itself prove transcendental – and consequently only subject to discovery a priori.

Conclusion;

The presentation of explicit principles a priori in regards the development of a system gives rise to a premise for ‘Ontological Relativity’, and suggests that certain phenomena may bear relations that, like Space and Time, are strictly transcendental in nature. This being given, it would only be via reason a priori that their natures be determined. Gravity may prove just such an example in this case.

Just sent this out to most of my grad school committees (chairs and grad advisors.) Probably they'll read it.

Look guess what the transcendental antecedent is?

Nothingness ....! And it is a matter of logical paradox that much a movement can be understood.

It will soon be the deathbed of pure atheism. Even I am at odds with the paradox of being and nothingness. Adds a little existential wonder to life..

Look,

Marxist thought is bullshit because it assumes atheism and pure materialism as a foundational premise.

My work in metaphysics of being and nothingness brings a swift end to that -- but not so much for the paradox of being and nothingness, but for the explication of nothingness as I give it.

Materialism is run asunder. It must be held in an equal contrast to a spiritualized nothingness.

The end consequence is not an end of history with a communist emphasis on economic equality, but rather one with an emphasis on the role of higher education (explicitly nurturing consciousness unto higher understanding, ie being.)

My metaphysics are superior.

Edited by dfindley

Oh my god barscenegambler I've been dying for you to address this, and the first expression you make is a need for belonging

On second thought maybe Nietzsche avatars is an appropriate avatar for you (if you catch my drift)

Notice the a priori principles are centered around theory of dialectic? It's originally inspired by racist metaphysics, ie the yi jing, specifically a certain diagram drawn by an yi jing theorist shao yong.

And then of course I am learning kant and utilize some of his language to develop my conclusions.

So you can say it is a synthesis of original daoist metaphysics (before they were corrupted by the five elements) and kant/German idealism.

Like? No?

I actually have to take a vacation from philosophy while I digest the reality that I am a genius O_O I buckle under the pressure of expectation. I feel sorry for Einstein, realizing how he felt after his initial breakthroughs. I will have to throw my genius away to flippant eccentricity if I expect to survive it at all...

I actually have to take a vacation from philosophy while I digest the reality that I am a genius O_O I buckle under the pressure of expectation. I feel sorry for Einstein, realizing how he felt after his initial breakthroughs. I will have to throw my genius away to flippant eccentricity if I expect to survive it at all...

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

Could you find a less shitty way of saying you dislike someone than saying they have a mental health problem?

I don't dislike him. Without him my days would be FAR less interesting. Although seriously Dfindly if you are serious I think you should seek some help man...

Could you find a less shitty way of saying you dislike someone than saying they have a mental health problem?

I actually found him irritating before the realization that he probably has some kind of mental health problem. Now it's pretty easy to ignore him. I think zizeksucks just finds it amusing, which isn't so bad in my opinion. And he keeps asking dfindley to seek professional help. 

Mark-Wahlberg-Confused-In-The-Happening.

Edited by bar_scene_gambler

It's not a joke, he literally has schizophrenia by the symptoms displayed here: a tenuous grasp on reality, incoherence, all sorts of blunders regarding conceptual relationships

I actually found him irritating before the realization that he probably has some kind of mental health problem. Now it's pretty easy to ignore him.

I imagine that is what a lot of people think of dr moustache in your portrait. Or me. I guess it is reassuring that I have chosen not to disclose my disability on my philosophy applications :/.