Materials Science & Engineering - Fall 2014

84Runner

Emailed my POIs at the universities I haven't heard from yet and my POI at University of Virginia has arranged to set up a conference call on Thursday (tomorrow).. yay!

Hi Eruthos,

Good luck on your interview. Did you email Northwestern and U Mich as well? and if you dont mind please share what POUs say to you in the emails. Thank you!

Hey Guys! I got a really god offer from Drexel but there are also schools that I am waiting response... Never thought it before but the Professor and the topic is pretty interesting and also really close to my previous research experiences. What can you guyz say about the Graduate MSE program of Drexel? 

Hey Guys! I got a really god offer from Drexel but there are also schools that I am waiting response... Never thought it before but the Professor and the topic is pretty interesting and also really close to my previous research experiences. What can you guyz say about the Graduate MSE program of Drexel? 

From reputation Drexel's research is quite good and they seem to work closely with industry (less theoretical). I wanted to apply there as well but I read that their funding options are quite limited apparantly.

I also had a very positive telephone interview with my POI at UVa yesterday. He basically offered me admission and funding from industry, but I have to wait for the official mail to be sure.. hopefully he keeps his word and gets through!

There is still one main school I have yet to hear back from... any thoughts on emailing a professor at the school there? I should have done this much earlier, so I am wondering if it's too late now and decisions are just about made. And even if I'd done this earlier, who knows how much it would actually help, but it couldn't have hurt to try could it? 

Hi Folks! I was initially admitted to the PhD program in Materials Science at MIT for fall 2014 in January. I received a notification later the same day that it was erroneous and the decision was still pending. 1st week of Feb i received a rejection letter. Do you know any such people to whom it happened? Also I am still awaiting replies from Stanford and Upenn. Any idea when will their decision be out??

Hi Folks! I was initially admitted to the PhD program in Materials Science at MIT for fall 2014 in January. I received a notification later the same day that it was erroneous and the decision was still pending. 1st week of Feb i received a rejection letter. Do you know any such people to whom it happened? Also I am still awaiting replies from Stanford and Upenn. Any idea when will their decision be out??

That's rough dude. I also got the initial MIT error message, although I was later admitted in late January. Stanford also sent out admission in late January. I didn't apply to UPenn, so no clue on that. Good luck though!

I'm also waiting on UPenn. I've seen acceptances and rejections in the submissions, but I haven't heard anything? Is it worth emailing admissions to see if I am still being considered?

Hey Mayank. I too got the email about the error. And then rejection letter. 

I applied to Stanford for MS. Still waiting for their decision. But I think they send out their MS decisions a little late. 

Hey Mayank. I too got the email about the error. And then rejection letter. 

I applied to Stanford for MS. Still waiting for their decision. But I think they send out their MS decisions a little late. 

I applied to Stanford as well and am also waiting for a reply... although I won't get my hopes up :)

I applied to Stanford as well and am also waiting for a reply... although I won't get my hopes up :)

Did you apply MS or PhD?  I haven't heard anything back on my PhD application, so I'm not getting my hopes up either lol.

Did you apply MS or PhD?  I haven't heard anything back on my PhD application, so I'm not getting my hopes up either lol.

MS. Saw a string of acceptances for PhD in late January. Not sure if MS will come later, if at all.

Has anybody heard anything from Caltech? I heard they conducted interviews sometime back. But any idea on when they are going to send out decisions for international applicants?

Has anybody heard anything from Caltech? I heard they conducted interviews sometime back. But any idea on when they are going to send out decisions for international applicants?

I'm also waiting to hear from Caltech. But no interview either. I guess I should be worried. I haven't heard from most of the schools I have applied to. Kind of unnerving. 

Hi all!

So I'm getting a little nervous. I attended Penn State's open house/interview weekend a couple of weeks ago and I thought things went pretty well, but I haven't heard anything yet. I've been convincing myself that they're just delayed making decisions because a snowstorm kind of cut down the number of attendees, so maybe they were allowing some time for interviews for people who couldn't attend.  But I just saw on the results board that someone got an acceptance email from the school during the following week.  Has anyone heard about other acceptances being sent out already?

I was gonna just let myself keep hoping that I still had a good chance, but it's probably better to just rip the bandaid off and find out if the acceptances have already been sent out.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I was gonna just let myself keep hoping that I still had a good chance, but it's probably better to just rip the bandaid off and find out if the acceptances have already been sent out.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I know that Penn State undergrads were the first to receive decisions last year.Everyone else got it after them. Probably that's the case with the accepted guy on the results board. So just relax!

Thank you for the reassurances.  If anyone hears anything else about Penn State or have gotten their own replies please let us know.  I know a couple of other people in the same boat who are keeping their eye on this site.  I'll let you know if I hear anything from them.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for positive results and congrats to all of you who've already been accepted!

I'm also waiting to hear from Caltech. But no interview either. I guess I should be worried. I haven't heard from most of the schools I have applied to. Kind of unnerving. 

It is annoying, and getting into my head - haven't been able to make progress this academic term. Waiting for decisions from UTA, GT, PennState, Caltech. Rejections from UCB and Cornell.