How are you guys waiting this out?

Cottagecheeseman

I'm pretty sure its CUNY, they are notorious for having a huge department, not a whole lot of unity, and a bad placement record.

I was thinking CUNY too. I had a friend who was wait-listed there. She talked to a few grad students, and they advised her to pick another program with a more friendly environment. 

I'm also taking another crack at Liam Murphy's Moral Demands in Nonideal Theory. It was one of the more difficult books I read as a grad student.

http://www.amazon.com/Demands-Nonideal-Theory-Oxford-Ethics/dp/0195171950

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

I decided to move to Colorado instead of Thailand. maybe that's kind of a mistake.. but the legal pot and cheap cost of living, (and the abundance of white people) make it an attractive option.

I probably won't get a smoking hot wife like I would in Thailand .... maybe.... and my money would go further there...... but I might feel insecure about the visa situation ... I won't feel as secure in Thailand as in the US....

...but smoking hot babe guaranteed.

....I don't know what do you think??????

.... a future in Thailand is far too uncertain ... it is not a responsible choice... even if the next decade would have been so awesome.......

......I really hope I get Into grad school somewhere........

So what's up with the philosophers' names in Lost? I'm watching season 4 right now (I think) and I still don't get how Hume's, Locke's, Bentham's (still don't know who he actually is), Bakunin's, Burke's, or Rousseau's names are even remotely related to the respective philosophers. Will there be more philosophers' names popping up?

Edited by bar_scene_gambler

I don't think they were really related, I think they just chose philosophers names randomly. Season 1 of lost was great but I think it really went off the tracks after that

Season 1, Episode 4, "Walkabout". Gives me chills to watch it everytime. One of the greatest episodes of television history.