Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Are MA programs allowed to pressure you to answer before April 15? Doesn't seem fair

Yes, unfortunately, although I forget why/how it's permissible; I had two places that wanted a decision from me by the third week of March last year. I'm guessing places would be understanding about an extension, though!

Yes, unfortunately, although I forget why/how it's permissible; I had two places that wanted a decision from me by the third week of March last year. I'm guessing places would be understanding about an extension, though!

That's good to hear! I'm definitely going to communicate with the DGS sometime this week and work something out. My offer includes funding, so I'd absolutely understand if they'd want to know as soon as possible...

magiaepasta, let me know how things turn out for you if you request an extension.

CAFFEINATED!!!!! (Couldn't keep quiet any more!) 

alexia, on 04 Mar 2014 - 1:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Anybody heard from UVA yet? Haven't heard much mention of them on here. 

katekali29 "I got wait listed on Sunday, but that's all I've heard."

I can relate, I am waiting to hear as well! I think they have to wait and hear from Jefferson candidates before they are likely to finalize decisions from the recruitment weekend. For those who were wait listed-- were you interviewed also? 

Anyone claiming Vanderbilt? Feel free to PM me!

Edited by ecologaia

Just found out that I was awarded a Social and Behavioral Sciences fellowship at OSU! Very excited!

Very happy for you! Congrats!

Well, my status for Michigan changed to "A decision has been made. Your program of application will inform you of the decision." Guess I'll prepare for my rejection tomorrow!!!

Well, my status for Michigan changed to "A decision has been made. Your program of application will inform you of the decision." Guess I'll prepare for my rejection tomorrow!!!

Hopefully it means that you are off the(unofficial) wait list and have been accepted!

CAFFEINATED!!!!! (Couldn't keep quiet any more!) 

alexia, on 04 Mar 2014 - 1:30 PM, said:snapback.png

katekali29 "I got wait listed on Sunday, but that's all I've heard."

I can relate, I am waiting to hear as well! I think they have to wait and hear from Jefferson candidates before they are likely to finalize decisions from the recruitment weekend. For those who were wait listed-- were you interviewed also? 

Anyone claiming Vanderbilt? Feel free to PM me!

I was not interviewed... unfortunately!

I hope you get a GOOD news tomorrow! Fingers and toes crossed!

Just found out that I was awarded a Social and Behavioral Sciences fellowship at OSU! Very excited!

congratulations!!! will you be attending ? I want to apply next year to this university- the program sounds amazing!!

I can't remember if I've mentioned it, but I found out I'm depending on a single, specific person to decline their offer at UW. I have a good shot, right? *nervous laugh* *implodes*

Any other waitlisted folk hear any news? My top choice MA program wants to hear from me by the middle of this month, but I suspect I won't hear back from all my schools until the veeery last minute...

I am still waiting to hear on our UCLA wait list....i know they met last week to cut some people off the list. now, the question is if the ones that were cut are already notified or is this good news still? 

So today a recurring dream came true. I woke up at 6 to an email from my poi at upenn offering me admission! Last night I thought I had decided where I was going to go.... Now back to the drawing board.

Wow I am so happy for you!!! Congrats!

So today a recurring dream came true. I woke up at 6 to an email from my poi at upenn offering me admission! Last night I thought I had decided where I was going to go.... Now back to the drawing board.

What an awesome wake up!!! Congratulations!!

I woke up this morning all like, "Good morning world, any news for me?"  And when she said no (she being Siri, not my anthropomorphized world) I felt the distinct inclination to spike my coffee. 

Sarcasm. but only just. 

Congratulations, daykid! I hope the trip to Brown this week will help you with your decision making :)

Congratulations, daykid! I hope the trip to Brown this week will help you with your decision making :)

Me too! Last night I was leaning Brown. Now i'm all confused again.

I broke and called University of Michigan - turns out they sent me a rejection email 3 weeks ago but to the wrong address. He resent it just now…I feel like I suffered unnecessarily for the past 3 weeks.

I broke and called University of Michigan - turns out they sent me a rejection email 3 weeks ago but to the wrong address. He resent it just now…I feel like I suffered unnecessarily for the past 3 weeks.

Aww that sucks! I'm so sorry fshjg

Awful - why do these programs even have the online systems if don't use them to share results with applicants. so annoying.

That's ridiculous! So sorry it was so drawn out for you.