Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Double whammy rejections yesterday from Cornell and Arizona. Yikes!

Sorry about that john! I hope you get some good news today.

Also, does anyone want to claim the UCLA linguistic anthro acceptance? PM if you don't mind. Thanks!

Does anyone know anything about wait lists? Like, would most schools send out notifications that students have been wait-listed after they send out acceptances? Most of the UCSD acceptances seem to have gone out, so I don't think I'll be getting one. But I'm holding out hope that maybe I'll be put on the wait list, and someone will decide to go somewhere else.

Does anyone know anything about wait lists? Like, would most schools send out notifications that students have been wait-listed after they send out acceptances? Most of the UCSD acceptances seem to have gone out, so I don't think I'll be getting one. But I'm holding out hope that maybe I'll be put on the wait list, and someone will decide to go somewhere else.

Some of them seem to not even bother sending out waitlist notifications and just leave students hanging. Looking at last year's UCSD results, they don't send out waitlist notifications, but then again, not every applicant comes to gradcafe. Good luck. I hope you hear some good news soon!

Sorry about Arizona. I am still waiting to hear from them, but they seem to be trickling out there acceptance/rejection emails.

Thanks for the condolences! The bummer of it all is only starting to sink in today. My morning hour of cardio was spent dwelling on it. Arizona wasn't an excellent fit and I knew it, which is turning out to be a pretty consistent error on my part: going for schools that are more prestigious rather than going for best fit with my research trajectory. I luckily picked about 3-4 solid fits and am still waiting to hear back from them, so my fingers are crossed.

Sorry about that john! I hope you get some good news today.

Also, does anyone want to claim the UCLA linguistic anthro acceptance? PM if you don't mind. Thanks!

Thanks, Sarab! Me too, although I have learned to keep my expectations very low on hearing anything back at all. Too many days of "this is the day!" without fruit have taught me to not expect much. Ah well, let us all remain calm like the Buddha. I hope more good news comes your way as well.

Just saw this on the results page: "I have called the [Chicago] anthropology department this morning. She said that all the accepted and wait-listed PhD candidates were notified. If you are a MA student with an anthropology degree, that means you are rejected. If you are a BA student or MA student with other degrees, you are now under the MAPSS's review (the Master program). The Master program may notify you next week about your status. Hope that helps." 

I'm gonna go ahead and call that a rejection as I don't plan on considering the Master's program. Just send me a real rejection letter so I can stop feeling in limbo, Chicago!

Fasboo- Someone posted that NYU was finished notifying and someone had posted a Harvard acceptance they rec'd via email- and not many have posted Harvard acceptances in the past so that may be it for them- though they notify via usps, in the past there seems to have been some contact with acceptees before the snail mail.

hey - anyone heard from Harvard Anthro or NYU??? also any one who got an stanford interview - heard any good news? or any news?

As far as I'm aware, NYU has already sent out their stuff. I got waitlisted and someone else on here was accepted.

Just saw this on the results page: "I have called the [Chicago] anthropology department this morning. She said that all the accepted and wait-listed PhD candidates were notified. If you are a MA student with an anthropology degree, that means you are rejected. If you are a BA student or MA student with other degrees, you are now under the MAPSS's review (the Master program). The Master program may notify you next week about your status. Hope that helps." 

I'm gonna go ahead and call that a rejection as I don't plan on considering the Master's program. Just send me a real rejection letter so I can stop feeling in limbo, Chicago!

this definitely helps, thanks!

Well...that leaves really stanford for me as that is the only interview I got....what about johns hopkins anthro...anyone heard from them?

i think someone needs to design a rejection rehab center ....how does one get over one solid year of graduate school obsession.....

hey - anyone heard from Harvard Anthro or NYU??? also any one who got an stanford interview - heard any good news? or any news?

good luck everyone!

fasboo, haven't heard anything from Stanford either.  Not sure when we'll get news of either kind.