Not in the Stacks. As Usual.

danieleWrites

Why is it that the one book I need to have in the next five minutes, or I will perish in ways that would make Bugs Bunny jealous, are noted as "in" in the catalog, but are no where to be found in the library itself? I don't even have to wander around prodding nearby people with book piles because there aren't any. Yeah, yeah, I'm a rude library patron.

I'm building a Kindle library that I wouldn't have to build if I could just read French. But no. I think German is the way to go because I dislike crepes. They're unsatisfying pancakes. They're like pancakes where you have almost, but not quite enough flour, so you stick in ground cardboard because you think no one will notice. And really, has no one heard of pound cake?

Still. Me without my stoopid book.

Gorn dangit.

ETA: could I reek of entitlement more? Sheesh. I'm embarrassed for my family because they have to admit they know me.

Edited by danieleWrites

well i for one love crepes. I prefer them to pancakes actually, crepes are light, sweet and allow room for toppings to really shine. Pancakes are gloopy and bready and not near sweet enough. I think you just haven't had crepes from the right place.

Why is it that the one book I need to have in the next five minutes, or I will perish in ways that would make Bugs Bunny jealous, are noted as "in" in the catalog, but are no where to be found in the library itself? I don't even have to wander around prodding nearby people with book piles because there aren't any. Yeah, yeah, I'm a rude library patron.

I'm building a Kindle library that I wouldn't have to build if I could just read French. But no. I think German is the way to go because I dislike crepes. They're unsatisfying pancakes. They're like pancakes where you have almost, but not quite enough flour, so you stick in ground cardboard because you think no one will notice. And really, has no one heard of pound cake?

Still. Me without my stoopid book.

Gorn dangit.

ETA: could I reek of entitlement more? Sheesh. I'm embarrassed for my family because they have to admit they know me.

The point of crepes is the filling/topping. It's not like a tortilla is depressing bread.

I didn't know people are so pro-crepes over here, what a relief! I too also prefer crepes over pancakes, but waffles on the other hand...

Are you pro- or anti-waffle? I think my freshman year of college I discovered the school hand mixed waffle batter and I made myself belgian waffles with chocolate chips and strawberries fresh most mornings. Mmmm. 

Has anyone ever had um..。 I think they're called Hong dou bing in Chinese? 红豆饼

20110318154159830.jpg

They're like sweet pancake-cakes filled with red bean (or cream). I love these for breakfast...they make them at the local Asian grocer's bakery fresh. 

Are you pro- or anti-waffle? I think my freshman year of college I discovered the school hand mixed waffle batter and I made myself belgian waffles with chocolate chips and strawberries fresh most mornings. Mmmm.

Has anyone ever had um..。 I think they're called Hong dou bing in Chinese? 红豆饼

20110318154159830.jpg

They're like sweet pancake-cakes filled with red bean (or cream). I love these for breakfast...they make them at the local Asian grocer's bakery fresh.

I'm absolutely pro-waffle! I just found this amazing place near my house that specializes in waffles, sweet and savory. I think it's just a matter of time before there's a "make your own waffles" bar.

I think I had something like that when I was a kid in Vietnam, but it's filled with sweet coconut flakes like those used to make macaroon. It was delicious. You're so lucky to have it made fresh near your house. Now my childhood treat is hard to find even when I go back home.

I loooooove crepes.  and waffles.  really anything carb-y and sweet is a winner in my book.  

I love those red bean filled treats.  In Japanese we call them obanyaki! It's that magical batter…so good.