Urban planning 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Applied for this fall as well, waiting on decisions. When do you think they'll come out? I applied to planning programs at MIT, Harvard, Columbia, UPenn, Berkeley and NYU. So, ya know, only safety schools :P

Hey there, I also applied to planning programs, in Berkeley and MIT. Still waiting for the answer - I think it might come up between February and March.

I just freaked out recently because a friend who applied for grad programs in biology started getting answers and interviews on different campuses ... do you know why and if there is a difference between programs in terms of answer schedules, or should I start worrying ? 

Thanks !

I noticed on the results page here at gradcafe that all the other programs from biology to political science have been accepting and rejecting people left and right. Planning programs must just be slow for some reason.

Hey everyone ! SO I've been following most recent published results on the grad cafe list, and seems UC Irvine started giving answers for Urban Planning programs. Anyone knows more about other programs ? Are they starting soon ?

Congrats ! I just wondered when other UCs would start, as UC Irvine kind of gave the answers... let's wait and see. No answers from East Coast programs yet ?

I got an early acceptance letter from Penn, but haven't heard anything from the others. I also applied to MIT, UCB, Columbia, and UCLA.

Edited by oaklandbex

I got rejected from UC Berkeley and accepted to UCLA last week.

Still waiting to hear from USC, MIT and Columbia. According to Gradcafe we've had one USC postal service acceptance go out.

According to the MIT website we should be hearing from them during the first week of April.

Good luck to everyone! \o/

Hey, all. 

Got rejected from UCB last week (9% acceptance - jeez) and accepted by Penn earlier today. What a load off. Still waiting on MIT (early April), UCLA (hm...is it normal for these to be rolled out on a case by case basis?) and Portland State (no idea, these guys are on a different planet....but I still love their program!) 

Any other Penn acceptances here? 

Congrats Neeko, oaklandbex, and sklar!

I have friends that haven't heard back from UCLA either. I haven't had any emails or application updates from them. I received a phone call from the department. You should be hearing back soon!!

I have no idea when Columbia will let us know where we stand!

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to SCARP at UBC and I'm still waiting to hear back. I saw on the listings here that one person has said they've been accepted to SCARP so far, but I haven't heard a peep else. The suspense is literally killing me. 

Hi Everyone!

Accepted to UCB, UNC-CH, Rutgers and Pratt. I'll be visiting each before making any decisions and I've had no word on funding from any except Pratt, so that will be a big deciding factor.

Still waiting to hear from GSD, Cornell and Columbia.

They're giving answers for the Masters of Architecture at MIT I noticed, and Columbia has started giving answers (in finance, psychology, etc.) but not for Arch/planning...anyone heard of answers from these programs yet ? It's taking forever.

I have applied to UBC, Ryerson and U of Calgary all for Masters of Planning. Haven't heard back from any - SO ANXIOUS to hear. Has anyone heard back from any of these??