Urban planning 2014

Hey, all. 

Got rejected from UCB last week (9% acceptance - jeez) and accepted by Penn earlier today. What a load off. Still waiting on MIT (early April), UCLA (hm...is it normal for these to be rolled out on a case by case basis?) and Portland State (no idea, these guys are on a different planet....but I still love their program!) 

Any other Penn acceptances here? 

Have you heard from UCLA? I think there's a gap between acceptances. Some are told in mid February and others in mid March. Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just accepted into the University of British Columbia MA in planning! Very excited. Anyone else where still  waiting to hear or headed to UBC?

I am waiting to hear back from SCARP about an acceptance. I called yesterday and Patti had said that my application has not gone under review yet, but I should hear back by the end of next week. Fingers crossed. What is your focus/specialization? And how were you notified? Was the status changed on your application profile online? Thanks!!!!

I am waiting to hear back from SCARP about an acceptance. I called yesterday and Patti had said that my application has not gone under review yet, but I should hear back by the end of next week. Fingers crossed. What is your focus/specialization? And how were you notified? Was the status changed on your application profile online? Thanks!!!!

I have my fingers crossed for you! I just emailed Patti yesterday to accept the offer. It was a pretty standard form-email. Just saying hello, welcome, and so on. They said they'll send an "official" email in a few weeks or so. There's still been no change on site where I submitted my application, so I wouldn't worry about checking that if it already says that they've received everything.

My focus is going to be urban development. I'm really, really pumped for the metropolitan focus that seems to be carried within it. What area did you apply for and what was your previous education? 

I have my fingers crossed for you! I just emailed Patti yesterday to accept the offer. It was a pretty standard form-email. Just saying hello, welcome, and so on. They said they'll send an "official" email in a few weeks or so. There's still been no change on site where I submitted my application, so I wouldn't worry about checking that if it already says that they've received everything.

My focus is going to be urban development. I'm really, really pumped for the metropolitan focus that seems to be carried within it. What area did you apply for and what was your previous education? 

I am really excited for you! Great news. The program seems so awesome on so many levels. I applied to the areas of Transportation Planning and Urban Design. I am really interested in built environment and health, and they have a great connection with the TransLink and Health and Community Design Lab. So it would be fabulous to work with them. I am from Ontario and studied Honors Spec in Geography at Western University. How about you?

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted into U of Calgary Masters of Planning.

Wait listed for UBC Masters of Planning.

No news from Ryerson Masters of Planning.

Anyone hear from UBC or Ryerson?

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to decide between Virginia Tech and University of Florida for PhD. Both with great initial advisors. 

Does anyone has an opinion about these programs?

• 10 months later...

I'm currently in a fix whether to go for Columbia, Univ of Michigan, USC or Rutgers for masters in planning. I'm waitlisted at Cornell. Can anyone tell me which amongst them have the best planning program?